Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If it's a pistol and legal with a brace, I wouldn't think that it would be illegal without a brace.
    It's none of these things, which somehow made it legal in Jersey:

The Troy A4 “other firearm” Non-NFA Firearm does not fall under the definition of an “Assault Weapon” in NJ.

It is not a RIFLE – it does not have a stock and is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.

It is not a PISTOL – it has a 12.5″ barrel and has a mandatory forward vertical grip, designed to be fired with two hands.

It is not an AOW – the overall length is greater than 26″.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Well, that's confusing. I'm glad that I don't live in NJ. This is of course one of the many valid reasons the revised regulations are being challenged. For many, there's no way to comply without being deprived of their property.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I advocate using braces on SBR's just to add to the confusion.
    That's what I plan to do if needed. Fight stupidity WITH stupidity!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    We're halfway through the "amnesty period," which still irks me as no one should need amnesty from doing something that was perfectly legit and legal when it was done. Heard more than one recommendation to hang tight for another 30 days to see if any of the lawsuits gain more traction. At that point will still have 30 days left to make some sort of decision.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    We're halfway through the "amnesty period," which still irks me as no one should need amnesty from doing something that was perfectly legit and legal when it was done. Heard more than one recommendation to hang tight for another 30 days to see if any of the lawsuits gain more traction. At that point will still have 30 days left to make some sort of decision.
    Do you have any SBR's?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I have the Troy A4 "Other" with a 12.5" barrel and the pistol brace. Somehow legal in NJ. SBRs are an absolute no go in the state however

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This may have already been answered, and if yes I apologize in advance:

If you do the amnesty Form1, your braces pistol is now by all intents an SBR, right? Does that mean you can install a regular stock? Do you need a Form20 when taking it out of the state?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    I have the Troy A4 "Other" with a 12.5" barrel and the pistol brace. Somehow legal in NJ. SBRs are an absolute no go in the state however
    Others are the only breath of freedom in NJ.

Having left in May 2019 I was wondering how my buddies in NJ with Others will be effected by this rule.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    If you do the amnesty Form1, your braces pistol is now by all intents an SBR, right?
    Yes.

Does that mean you can install a regular stock?
    Yes.

Also, 922(r) does not apply because the firearm was previously assembled by someone else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Others are the only breath of freedom in NJ.

Having left in May 2019 I was wondering how my buddies in NJ with Others will be effected by this rule.
    As I understand it, IF this nonsense stays in place and is enforced, in NJ, removing the brace will still leave it as an "Other" and still be legal.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast