Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If they want pics of completed pistols with braces installed, is the ATF then going to cross reference the S/N to see how many of these were built on a lower that was originally configured/sold as a rifle? How many pics will people send with forward grips? This is just begging to have people send pics of weapons that were configured to braces incorrectly and then have them charged with felonies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So Braced Pistols will be NFA like AoWs/SBRs/Supps/MGs, but they will not be SBRs. Is that right?

Meaning you still get all the negatives of pistol braces, ie no vertical pistol foregrip and a mediocre shouldering system, etc, and the ATF will be "waiving" the fee associated w/NFA items which could be as low as $5 for AoWs or $200 for SBRs/Suppressors/MGs.

All for the privilege of having a registry of these new NFA items which allow them to walk into your home whenever they want. Considering the ubiquity of braced firearms over NFA items, this would give them carte blanche over a significant amount of the country with which the Govt itself has a fundamental controversy. Curious.

Feedback Score
    Check out the definition of amnesty-
    https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/amnesty
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    So Braced Pistols will be NFA like AoWs/SBRs/Supps/MGs, but they will not be SBRs. Is that right?
    I believe this is incorrect. They're revised contention is that braced pistols equal SBR's. Therefore, they want braced pistols registered as SBR's.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFighter98 View Post
    This sounds like a ploy to gain more information on gun owners for something later on. I don't trust it.
    Trust them ? You play by *their* rules and at some point they ***will*** change *their* rules to, okay boys turn them in because we know what you got and where you live. These days only easily deceived and manipulated suckers and fools would trust the corrupt SOB’s at the BATF and DOJ.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    That’s the way I’ve heard it. You register your braced firearm. You’re not getting a pass to put a stock on it.
    But surely they're not going to create a completely new class of NFA firearm by fiat? The ATF's entire argument is they're in fact SBRs, which is a category defined by Congress, not them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    But surely they're not going to create a completely new class of NFA firearm by fiat? The ATF's entire argument is they're in fact SBRs, which is a category defined by Congress, not them.
    The way I’ve heard it, no they’re not creating a new class. A braced pistol will be considered a SBR without the ability to add an actual stock. You want a stock? Send them the $200.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    If they want pics of completed pistols with braces installed, is the ATF then going to cross reference the S/N to see how many of these were built on a lower that was originally configured/sold as a rifle? How many pics will people send with forward grips? This is just begging to have people send pics of weapons that were configured to braces incorrectly and then have them charged with felonies.
    That was my thought, as well. I was only scarcely aware of that law and I'm a gun nut extraordinaire. I'm sure the average person has no clue whatsoever, and I bet millions of these braced guns out there started life as rifles. A lot of the owners are probably even unaware because they may have bought them used in their pistol configuration, a previous owner having done the "conversion." You don't even need tools to do it, just swap uppers and put a 5 position brace on it. The law is so belligerently absurd that it's way outside of any sane person's ability to predict.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The way I’ve heard it, no they’re not creating a new class. A braced pistol will be considered a SBR without the ability to add an actual stock. You want a stock? Send them the $200.
    That would still be creating a new class. If they're saying it's an SBR then they're saying the braces are in fact stocks no different from any other. If this is really the tact they're taking the courts will destroy it in five seconds flat.

Feedback Score
    Site your source on that. As is it's bad enough, but I have not heard of calling them SBR's, but you still have to pay $200 to change out the stock.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast