Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I ordered fingerprint cards on May 14th and still haven't received them. I wonder how many last minute amnesty registrations are waiting on them to arrive.
    Too late now though. In more ways than one it seems. Wonder how much longer it'll be before the whole thing is moot.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I bring it up because they require the cards to be sent within ten days. Wouldn't be ironic if they rejected an amnesty registration because someone missed the ten day period due to the ATF not being able to supply them fingerprint cards?

Feedback Score
    I bring it up because they require the cards to be sent within ten days. Wouldn't be ironic if they rejected an amnesty registration because someone missed the ten day period due to the ATF not being able to supply them fingerprint cards?
    Do you need finger print cards if you did the electronic finger print submittal? How do you print out the finger print cards from the UPS finger scan?

Can you imagine all the problems with all those forms as they were filled out by newbies, like me. That website is COMPLETE TRASH.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, I hear you. I just know they don't give a crap if anyone misses it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why are we still talking about this, hasn't that horse already left the barn? Out of the millions of brace owners approx 250,000 amnesty request were submitted, I am sure some submitted multiple requests so a tiny fraction of a percent, now just need to watch the courts to see what they do. But really I find myself caring less and less about what our lawless third world banana republic government dictates I should do to remain a serf in good standing.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-09-23 at 07:49.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Do you need finger print cards if you did the electronic finger print submittal? How do you print out the finger print cards from the UPS finger scan?
    I would assume that you don't need to mail them in if you submitted them electronically. The electronic submittal of fingerprint cards is a new thing. I've been in to NFA items for almost 20 years and don't know how to do it. I'd venture to guess that it's the same for most others. I don't even know what a UPS finger scan is.

Can you imagine all the problems with all those forms as they were filled out by newbies, like me. That website is COMPLETE TRASH.
    I've e-filed more times than I have fingers and toes, but still have to carefully think through certain parts of the process each time.

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Why are we still talking about this, hasn't that horse already left the barn?
    Because it's yet another example of how they are creating obstacles to compliance with their ever changing rules.

Feedback Score
    I would assume that you don't need to mail them in if you submitted them electronically. The electronic submittal of fingerprint cards is a new thing. I've been in to NFA items for almost 20 years and don't know how to do it. I'd venture to guess that it's the same for most others. I don't even know what a UPS finger scan is.

I filled mine out the night before I went on a two-week overseas trip. Wife was not amused to have her packing interrupted at 11pm to take a passport photo of me, and then confused as to ‘why’… Finger print cards were out of the question….

UPS stores have the electronic finger print machines that are ATF file compatible. I looked like a complete retard trying to roll my own finger prints, swearing up a storm- only to realize half way through that your finger has to stay in contact with the little bar at the bottom. All the people in line to ship stuff probably assumed I was either a parolee or had to register as a peadophile by what was coming out of my mouth.

It seems to me that you can’t fill out all the personal info on the first time through? The model, manufacturer and country of origin were interesting.

Do they let you correct clerical errors? I started getting goofy with all the dates. I hate forms like that, even Turbo tax vexes me…
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 06-09-23 at 11:22.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You upload them under the Responsible Persons tab… same place as the picture.

UPS Stores partnered with PrintScan to do the EFT file. You input your info, pay for the service ($60, if I remember correctly), go in and verify your identity with documents (passport, license, etc), scan prints… and it should be emailed to you by the time you get back to your vehicle. Save it on a computer and you never need to get ink printed again.

If you move, you can CAREFULLY edit the EFT file with Text Editor and change your address. The info is at the top of the file, just don’t modify anything else.

When you upload them, you’ll get a cover sheet which will have a notation that they received your prints. Nothing else needed to be done.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for letting me know how it's done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Wife was not amused to have her packing interrupted at 11pm to take a passport photo of me, and then confused as to ‘why’...
    I'm confused as to why she had to take a photo also...all three of my recently approved F1's (two SBR's, one SBS) were submitted with selfies taken in front of my kitchen wall.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast