Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSA-E X reviews?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SSA-E X reviews?

I currently own an SSA-E and I'm interested to know how the X model compares to it. I haven't really found many reviews at all about this trigger, mostly complaints about the price, but they're now on sale right now I'm tempted to try one out.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Useless comment: I have a blemula from the July 4 (?) sale not yet installed. I love the Super Tricon and hoping for very similar with lighter pull and cleaner break.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had an SSA-GOV for awhile and it was awesome. The take-up was very smooth and it felt to have a more consistent break than a standard SSA.

Have no experience with the -E variant.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 of the SSA-EX triggers... I find them to be the best fit for me as far as a crisp 2 stage... Take up is smooth , predictable wall and clean break... I would replace all my G triggers with this trigger if I could afford it.
    I have a G2S , SD3G and a Standard SSA E.... I think the EX version is the best of all of them. I tried a SSA-X and liked that too.

I think if you can find one or try one you would NOT be disappointed.. TRICON is is a good trigger too...I like the bow design on the SSA-EX fits my finger well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I had an SSA-GOV for awhile and it was awesome. The take-up was very smooth and it felt to have a more consistent break than a standard SSA.

Have no experience with the -E variant.
    $325?! Christ, I would hope so!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Have to get every dime they can from Uncle Sam AKA us.

Feedback Score
    $ 211.00 on sale now @ G's Website... that's a great deal. I THINK... but YMMV... I may pick up a SSA X just to try it... but. If you cant or don't want to spend that... That's cool too... I think it is...
    Lots of other Triggers out there... Just thought I would throw in my $ .02

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    When you need to spend all the money in your allotted budget, Geissele has a trigger for that too!

Feedback Score
    I don't think I could top 17K's reply.... he is totally correct

I don't think this trigger is needed if your running a DPMS Oracle at 25yds with a SightMark Red Dot and Tula ammo....If that's your budget, this is not the trigger for you..

If your putting together a build that you want to do some hunting with or getting out to 4.5.600 yds its probably within your budget... I mean SOME people will spent $ 325.00 on just a barrel... most quality barrels are in that price range...so I guess its all about Needs, Wants, and Budget ...

I agree that Bill has some high priced accessories, but this is a solid part that is worth it...in my opinion...the point of the thread was someone asking for a review on the trigger, I like them and hope that my review will help someone make their own decision based on their needs and budget.

There are plenty of used standard SSA-E's ( and other G triggers) out there on the market...for less $$ if your budget doesn't allow for new ( hell, I will sell you one of my own if you want I have a few laying around)...

I personally think the best barrel I can afford and best trigger I can afford is my 2 top criteria for a solid defensive and sporting build.

Hope no one took my comments offensively... they were not intended to be in any way....
    Last edited by WornOutGrunt; 09-04-22 at 06:48. Reason: add test

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate the feedback, I decided to pass on this. Between the SSA-E and the Centurion AST, I'm pretty satisfied. I'm sure the X may be more refined than the SSA-E, but for the price point (even on sale), I'd rather test one in person before deciding to buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast