Thread: Draco 9S

Feedback Score

Draco 9S

This probably isn't on the top of the buy lists for member here, but I'm an AK whore and love PCC's. So, I purchased a Draco 9S. It's a 9mm Romanian AK that takes CZ Scorpion magazines. FYI, the similar Romanian RAK (rifle) and NAK (pistol) 9mm AK's take either Glock or Beretta 92 magazines. A nice thing about the Draco 9S is that the Scorpion magazines lock the bolt back when they're empty. Unlike the Kalashnikov USA KR-9 that has a shortened receiver to accommodate the 9mm cartridge, the Draco 9S doesn't. Instead, it used a regular length AK receiver and the barrel is set back further in it. Additionally, there is a spacer at the rear of the receiver to prevent the bolt from traveling too far towards the rear. It's a blow back design as opposed to gas operated like a regular AK. There is no bolt carrier, just a large heavy bolt that looks similar to a merged AK bolt carrier and bolt. There also is no gas piston, but instead there just an extension on the front of the bolt for added weight.

Feedback Score
    That extractor looks flimsy as shit..kinda worrisome.

Feedback Score
    I assume that you mean the ejector. I see what you're saying, but the ones in my NAK9 and RAK9 have held up. If it doesn't hold up, the two screws make it seem pretty easy to replace.

Feedback Score
    Yes, ejector. Jeez total brain fart. It looks like it’s super thin spring steel or something like that. Surprised they went that way. If you’re going to go with that version of Draco, then I would proactively purchase an ejector and keep it in the spare parts box, because you might be SOL if you wait a few years and then need one.

FWIW I have a 7.62x39 Draco that I bought back when they were $300-ish, and I impressed with it. It’s a great poor man’s krink.

Feedback Score
    I'll contact Century and see if they even sell the ejector. Of course if I do manage to get one, keeping track of it and remembering that I have one will be the real challenge.