Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "great" P10C Trigger

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    From the responses I get on the CZ forum it looks like these are not as good as the reviewers claim. Reviewers make them sound like they’re very close to a PDP when they’re not even in the same field. In the shop they don’t feel much better than Glocks to me. Sometimes mine breaks clean and sometimes not. I’ve seen numerous Glocks that are better. Lots of stickiness in the take up and stiff.

My conclusion is that the P10c reviewers who raved and raved about the triggers are getting to review hand picked guns. Even a distributor can easily go through 10 guns and pull the best and my guess is that 10-20% are indeed very good. It serves multiple market forces to build expectations of new guns - especially when the move production to the US.
    Both my triggers and every other one I’ve handled in the shop feel exactly the same on every pull. No stickiness in the take up.

The PDP wasn’t even out yet when probably most of those reviews were written. I don’t know anybody that said it was as good or better than the PPQ. I’m sure some of the reviews may be exaggerated though is why I always handle one in the shop before before I buy. There are always a lemon or two. Did you not handle one before you bought it?

The reading and digging you’re doing sounds to me like you’re searching for reasons to justify your high expectations being disappointed.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From the responses I get on the CZ forum it looks like these are not as good as the reviewers claim. Reviewers make them sound like they’re very close to a PDP when they’re not even in the same field. In the shop they don’t feel much better than Glocks to me. Sometimes mine breaks clean and sometimes not. I’ve seen numerous Glocks that are better. Lots of stickiness in the take up and stiff.

My conclusion is that the P10c reviewers who raved and raved about the triggers are getting to review hand picked guns. Even a distributor can easily go through 10 guns and pull the best and my guess is that 10-20% are indeed very good. It serves multiple market forces to build expectations of new guns - especially when the move production to the US.
    Can you post up the videos where these reviewers are saying they're very close to a PDP trigger?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    “Very close” does not equate to “equal to” or “better than”. I’ve never tried a PPQ that had even a touch of grit and did not break clean and light. I personally believe they are too light for me. My point is that reviewers - good ones who are credible have painted a picture that puts the P10 CLOSE to this high standard, and I’m saying that that is not accurate largely due to the inconsistency of the CZ. In My experience and some others on the CZ forum this is basically accurate.

I don’t think the reviewers are talking trash. I think they are getting hand picked guns.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How many rounds have you ran through it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ONLY about 250 - while it feels a tad better, I predict another 500 till it MIGHT be better. ONLY one review I've seen talks about this grit and stickiness and it was a dealer who said that this happened in the OR model as compared to the non-OR model, and that it improved after 100 rounds.

There are 'three stages' to the trigger - take up - getting it back to the first wall and deactivating the trigger tab (1), then (2) what is supposed to be a smooth approach to the break - then the break (3). 2 is a crap shoot and is very sticky, so that I don't consistently hit 3. WHEN I can get to 3, which is only with a real try, I would say that it is cleaner and has less OT than a Glock in general. BUT, the problem is getting to 3 - too much stickiness to get there cleanly.

MAYBE it will clear up in another 500 rounds, and maybe not. I just don't think it should come this way. ALSO - if the Turks can do it - the Czechs SHOULD be able to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    “Very close” does not equate to “equal to” or “better than”. I’ve never tried a PPQ that had even a touch of grit and did not break clean and light. I personally believe they are too light for me. My point is that reviewers - good ones who are credible have painted a picture that puts the P10 CLOSE to this high standard, and I’m saying that that is not accurate largely due to the inconsistency of the CZ. In My experience and some others on the CZ forum this is basically accurate.

I don’t think the reviewers are talking trash. I think they are getting hand picked guns.
    Can you post up the videos you watched to where they compared it to the PDP?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No - don't have time to look right now, but I trace to comments made in videos I've seen from recent Honest Outlaw flicks - I believe. He generally touts the CZ as close. Frankly I don't see the big diff between the PDP and the PPQ, but he does see more - as hs should - he shoots 10,000 rounds for every 250 I shoot.

Again, there are a scad of videos out there and I've only see ONE what had any negative comment about the CZ P10 trigger - and ALL said it was close to Walther and much better than a Glock. I'm saying that mine is NOT and others have similar experience on the CZ forum. Again, I fully expect that IF it was polished or shot 2 cases through, it might have a nice clean break and little OT - and be close to the PPQ. Right now NOT and I suspect many OTB are the same.

Now 5 people will post how they have 3 and all are excellent. The ones I've seen in the shop are a tad better than mine and none have been much better than a Gen 5 - and none better than a certain old gen 3 laying there a week ago.

I call the myth busted.
    Last edited by m4brian; 09-05-22 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

The "great" P10C Trigger

I’m still not understanding whether you ordered the gun so were surprised or bought it at a store and knew what you were getting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ordered the gun. They did NOT have the P10C. They had a F. CZs are scarce.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The triggers are the same. Did you expect the C trigger to be better than the F you handled?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast