Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock Gen 5 .40 S&W

Feedback Score
    Pretty late to this post but was wondering if the Gen 5 Model 22 have a tendency to malfunction when a light was mounted as earlier Model 22's did? It was a well known issue with the department I served with, saw it quite regularly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My understanding is that the Gen 4 was mainly about fixing the .40 cal problems. Which makes sense because that’s when they had other problems start with the 9mm…

A combination of people’s expectations that a .40 should be exactly the same size as a 9mm and manufacturers that don’t want to have different strength springs doesn’t help either caliber in the end.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    My understanding is that the Gen 4 was mainly about fixing the .40 cal problems. Which makes sense because that’s when they had other problems start with the 9mm…

A combination of people’s expectations that a .40 should be exactly the same size as a 9mm and manufacturers that don’t want to have different strength springs doesn’t help either caliber in the end.

I don’t know if it’s the joke or the punchline but the Gen4 didn’t help much for the 40 and made a huge mess out of the 9mms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I don’t know if it’s the joke or the punchline but the Gen4 didn’t help much for the 40 and made a huge mess out of the 9mms.
    I thought Gen 3 was when the 9mms took a crap...?? I'm still running my Gen 2 40 cal. I had a gen 3 G17 that sucked.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I thought Gen 3 was when the 9mms took a crap...?? I'm still running my Gen 2 40 cal. I had a gen 3 G17 that sucked.
    The problems were across the board starting in ‘09 before they started making the Gen4 all they way until ‘18 when they started the 45 and the slide modification to aid in extraction.

The Gen5 brought issues with the triggers that haven’t been resolved. The Performance Trigger is supposed to be the fix, but I am afraid it comes with its own set of issues.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The problems were across the board starting in ‘09 before they started making the Gen4 all they way until ‘18 when they started the 45 and the slide modification to aid in extraction.

The Gen5 brought issues with the triggers that haven’t been resolved. The Performance Trigger is supposed to be the fix, but I am afraid it comes with its own set of issues.
    What’s wrong with the Gen 5 trigger?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    What’s wrong with the Gen 5 trigger?
    They get extremely gritty and heavy. I have had several go bad in under 5K rounds. I am not the only person to have this happen. The two 17s I train with have a combined ~18K rounds. Glock rebuilt one lower twice, one once, and replaced both complete frames once.

The Glock Performance Trigger is supposedly the fix for this issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123