Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walther and HK…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    While I own too many CZs, I would agree with much of this. It is amazing to me (even outside the P10 series) of the pass the CZ gets on triggers. Most I've bought I've had to do massive Cajunizing AND polishing - even messing with the trigger bar on the P series. YET - because of the ergonomics, they shoot well. In part this is the case, because the DA trigger throw is reasonable. They also point well and stay on target naturally despite the sucky pulls.
    Most people do not leave CZ triggers alone. And CZ has the best trigger system that can be improved upon. Also to my knowledge CZ is the only DA/SA trigger that shortens the DA pull distance significantly.

But I would have to disagree with you on the stock trigger pull. I even ruffled some Sig Legion feathers when I showed a stock CZ SP01 Tactical that had a better stock trigger pull than a P226 Legion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Want to see a decent stock trigger? SP 2022 - especially German ones. I've picked up MANY SP2022s and have NEVER seen one that did NOT have a silky smooth DA - some do stack at the rear a tad, but they are great other than that.

I've seen SP 01s that are very good, and others that are not. If you know how to polish, and don't mind CGW parts, they can be great - I do like them for the short DA throw. SIGS are a bit easier to work on especially over the SP01 Tactical or P01 - the decocker can be a mess. The Legion's I've seen needed to be pulled apart and polished - but a CZ cannot touch their reset.
    Last edited by m4brian; 09-07-22 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Want to see a decent stock trigger? SP 2022 - especially German ones. I've picked up MANY SP2022s and have NEVER seen one that did NOT have a silky smooth DA - some do stack at the rear a tad, but they are great other than that.

I've seen SP 01s that are very good, and others that are not. If you know how to polish, and don't mind CGW parts, they can be great - I do like them for the short DA throw. SIGS are a bit easier to work on especially over the SP01 Tactical or P01 - the decocker can be a mess. The Legion's I've seen needed to be pulled apart and polished - but a CZ cannot touch their reset.
    I always wanted the FDE SP2022. For no reason at all it's one that always managed to get away.

And this is no joke, I once sold a PCR in pieces because I couldn't get the decocker back together. I consider myself good with taking things apart and putting them back together. Worked on every gun I've ever had and have built engines from oil pan to intake manifold. But that PCR had me by the balls. I would think I had it together and I didn't. I walked away from it probably 3 times and then finally sold it. I'll never own another traditional decocker CZ.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-07-22 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Recent production P30 DA/SA triggers that I've tried, multiple examples, have been very good, especially SA part. I was so surprised, I thought they were out of spec or something. Almost bought one p30sk just because of that but I don't need the damn thing.
    Recent production USPs still suck just as old ones have.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I always wanted the FDE SP2022. For no reason at all it's one that always managed to get away.

And this is no joke, I once sold a PCR in pieces because I couldn't get the decocker back together. I consider myself good with taking things apart and putting them back together. Worked on every gun I've ever had and have built engines from oil pan to intake manifold. But that PCR had me by the balls. I would think I had it together and I didn't. I walked away from it probably 3 times and then finally sold it. I'll never own another traditional decocker CZ.
    I'm with you brother!!! I do now own a P01 and can atest to the PITA it is to deal with. I'd rather mess with the safety on a PreB anyday. I will not likely do much dry fire on that gun just to avoid replacing the TRS due to the PITA decocker. It is doable, but can easily become non doable if your mouth is not in the right position while trying to get the slave pin and decocker back in. I wish more people on the CZ Forum would just admit this and get over it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am very impressed by the PDP. Not just the trigger, but the whole package. If I were new to the game I would consider buying three PDP f-series (2 x 3.5” bbl and 1 4.5”) and about 12 extra mags and calling it a day. It compares favorably to the HK VP9, imo, and I think they are both good choices.

Since I’m already in the Glock ecosystem with mags and holsters, I have to put a quick plug in for Shadow Systems because I own two. At the near-$1000 price point of HK and PDP, I think Shadow Systems are an excellent choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I am very impressed by the PDP. Not just the trigger, but the whole package. If I were new to the game I would consider buying three PDP f-series (2 x 3.5” bbl and 1 4.5”) and about 12 extra mags and calling it a day. It compares favorably to the HK VP9, imo, and I think they are both good choices.

Since I’m already in the Glock ecosystem with mags and holsters, I have to put a quick plug in for Shadow Systems because I own two. At the near-$1000 price point of HK and PDP, I think Shadow Systems are an excellent choice.
    Where are guys buying your stuff at? They are readily available sub $700, not even on an advertised sale. Wait til Black Friday comes. They should be cheap.

PDP-F Compact:
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/walt...k-2849313.html

VP9SK OR:
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/hk-v...-81000483.html

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Guns I have owned and shot for more than 20-30 years.

SIG P226, CZ75, Beretta 92FS, HK USP.

Hands down the P226 is the best trigger "for me" (and I say for me because this is opinion and it's subjective every time. If you are not used to stock triggers...you will SUCK with stock triggers...it's a YOU thing. Just like people who weren't raised on DA/SA triggers usually suck with them) And by 'YOU" I don't specifically mean the person I happened to quote.

My P7 will clown them all, but P7s tend to be exceptions to the rules.
    My 226 trigger is the best DA/SA trigger I have ever felt as well. I have a 92 that I sent to Wilson to get all gussied up and that trigger is pretty good but still not my 226. I also think it has to do with the grip/frame fitting my hand like a glove helps in its "felt" trigger.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234