Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought my first Ar pistol ( Daniel Defense V7p ). ATF going after braces?

Feedback Score

Just bought my first Ar pistol ( Daniel Defense V7p ). ATF going after braces?

Hello, I just bought my first ar pistol ( Daniel Defense V7p with law tac folder ). I love it and couldn t be happier with it. I saw on the new this crap about the ATF trying to make you register it as a SBR. I would like some opinions on this because i am new to all this brace stuff. I bought it legally so why should i have to go back and fill out anything?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by jason0; 09-05-22 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Democrats in charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Jason, you shouldn't have to go back and register your pistol, but the ATF changes their minds about what the law says based on what they can get away with. There's a thread in the NFA section of this forum that should help educate you regarding this subject. Read it and ask questions. There are no dumb questions, especially when you're dealing with ATF logic.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...braced-pistols

Feedback Score
    Don't do anything.

Not a single person on the internet knows how this will really play out Even more than that I am equally sure that nobody in the ATF knows how this is going to play out.

Recent SCOTUS cases point to the direction, that the ATF has really no power to do this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If they get ZERO amnesty requests out of millions of pistol braces, maybe they will catch a hint.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can I put a brace on a registered SBR to make it really cuckoo?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    If they get ZERO amnesty requests out of millions of pistol braces, maybe they will catch a hint.
    the "poors" will be all over those free stamps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I wish the gun community was that smart.

The only thing that will make this go away is a Republican majority in the House and Senate

Feedback Score
    ATF Worksheet 4999

If you can't get past the 4999 in points, then you either change the configuration or go SBR.

Maybe come 2023 the ATF itself will be repealed by Congress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast