Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is my RDS increasing muzzle rise?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I just recently bought a 92x centurion RDO. I added the a red dot, but have not fired it. The plate that beretta sent me was heavier then I thought it would be. It also mounts the red dot higher then normal. I could see where it would change the feel, I have heard of some people having feeding issues once they add the set up. I should know in a few days.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Yea the plate is quite a chunk of steel.

I have had a couple stoppages. (2 or 3?) I blame the ammo. Freedom munitions 147 gr steel case and I think one was my 147 gr reloads that I'm surprised run at all because they are loaded so lightly. (@825 fps chronographed from my gun)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea the plate is quite a chunk of steel.

I have had a couple stoppages. (2 or 3?) I blame the ammo. Freedom munitions 147 gr steel case and I think one was my 147 gr reloads that I'm surprised run at all because they are loaded so lightly. (@825 fps chronographed from my gun)
    They are fun with suppressor though

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    They are fun with suppressor though

Soli Deo Gloria
    Will do eventually, mainly for my AP5's, though.

Will bump up my 9mm 147 gr loads (coated lead) from 2.9 to 3.0 grs of Titegroup on the next batch for a little more reliability.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Will do eventually, mainly for my AP5's, though.

Will bump up my 9mm 147 gr loads (coated lead) from 2.9 to 3.0 grs of Titegroup on the next batch for a little more reliability.
    That might do it. They’ll usually work above min Minor PF for me, and you’re just under. 3.0 or 3.1 should get you there with coated 147s. 3.3 is pretty much on par with factory ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Any additional muzzle rise seeming to have "exaggerated since putting an optic on it" is quite likely simply your ability to more clearly see the amount of muzzle rise with Optic.
    Shooting Optics one is "Threat/target Focused", shooting Irons one is "Front Sight, Front Sight, Front Sight" focused.
    MDFI Alumni?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    MDFI Alumni?
    No Sir.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    No Sir.
    Ok Sorry.

The last line of your post is what the owner of that training company says during classes all the time.

"Front sight, Front sight, Front sight".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Ok Sorry.

The last line of your post is what the owner of that training company says during classes all the time.

"Front sight, Front sight, Front sight".
    This trend is changing. Top performers have spent time forcing target focus with a dot, and when going back to irons, stay target focused and so far is looking like the way to go.

When I say focus, I mean eye clarity, and what youre actually looking at.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-07-22 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    True.

I run FO Front sights that are really narrow; .090”-.100”. The FO rod is small in diameter.
    I dial in (or order custom height sight-Dawson) at 25 yds with Center of FO Rod being POA.
    This allows me to get away with more target/threat focus with reasonable success in terms of hit percentage.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I wanted to add that I did weigh the Beretta RDO plate and it was 1 3/4 oz. (49 grams) The optic is 1.5 oz for a total of 3.25 oz. added to the top of the slide.

I don't know how much Beretta removed to create the mounting area. I'd guess no more than 1/4 oz.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast