Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is my RDS increasing muzzle rise?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Need a side video of shooting each, optic no optic, to really break it down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Need a side video of shooting each, optic no optic, to really break it down.
    Yea that'd be nice.

I am going to compare it to my M&P 2.0 .45 with 200 gr mild loads for comparison back to back, though.

Feedback Score
    The optic weight is not enough to matter, especially when considering material removed.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    The optic weight is not enough to matter, especially when considering material removed.
    With the 92x rdo there really isn't any removed material, more like material added once you mount the plate.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    With the 92x rdo there really isn't any removed material, more like material added once you mount the plate.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Yup.

I did weigh the Beretta RDO plate and it was 1 3/4 oz. (49 grams) The optic is 1.5 oz for a total of 3.25 oz. added to the top of the slide. That's more than the weight of three 1 oz shotgun slugs, six 230 gr .45 bullets, or twelve 115 gr 9mm bullets to put it in perspective.

I don't know how much Beretta removed to create the mounting area. I'd guess no more than 1/4 oz. Probably much less.

I haven't had a chance to shoot more lately.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-17-22 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I did weigh the Beretta RDO plate and it was 1 3/4 oz. (49 grams) The optic is 1.5 oz for a total of 3.25 oz. added to the top of the slide. That's more than the weight of three 1 oz shotgun slugs, six 230 gr .45 bullets, or twelve 115 gr 9mm bullets to put it in perspective.
    More than the mass difference between a Carbine and H3 buffer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Physics be real yo.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My guess is the shooter can see the rise and fall so much better with RDS so it’s more perceived vs real. Regardless, the trade off would still be worth it to me. I never noticed but I have not seen a clear FS in years. I did try throwing on readers 1.0’s which helped before I went RDS guns. Everyone’s mileage may vary.

Who did your slide milling? Happy with it? Cost ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    My guess is the shooter can see the rise and fall so much better with RDS so it’s more perceived vs real. Regardless, the trade off would still be worth it to me. I never noticed but I have not seen a clear FS in years. I did try throwing on readers 1.0’s which helped before I went RDS guns. Everyone’s mileage may vary.

Who did your slide milling? Happy with it? Cost ?

PB
    It's a Beretta 92XG Centurion RDO. Optic ready from Beretta. Decock only.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Beretta-92...aign=avantlink

Here is a video I found on YT. It's not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVJJL_3uo
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-20-22 at 00:55.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Just my viewpoint:

Why would you handicap yourself with a DA/SA autoloader, with Bore Axis SO high above web of hand, and exaggerate this deficit further by adding additional mass (Optic) on top of Slide?

Earnest Langdon and (very) few others have mastered this Blowjob handgun system, but it just seems like deliberately handicapping yourself out of the gate. Learning an Optic system on a handgun seems enough of a hurdle to overcome.

Why not a Glock or similar??
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast