Thread: Lets talk Arken Optics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lets talk Arken Optics

For a few months now Ive been seeing reviews on these scopes. Vast majority of them very positive. Biggest gripes thus far: an unforgiving eye box, and hard to reach CS.
    These are China made scopes..priced at $450. Come in 4X16 X50 & 6x24X 50, with 34 mil tubes, illuminated reticles and some other nice features.
    Any one here used these and have an opinion on them? Pro's & con's.
    Any info appreciated.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They have the new EP5 5-25x56 also, uses Japanese glass, still made in China.
    They are having a sale at the moment for a pretty good deal.

I've had the 4-16 for several months and like it, eyebox doesn't seem to bad to me.
    The illumination is meh, but not something I'm overly concerned with.
    I like the reticle, usable at all magnification.
    Plenty of elevation for what I'm using it for, I believe it's just over 50 MOA of up travel with a 0 MOA cant mount.
    Turrets are large with easy to see numbers that have a nice positive click, tracking seems to be dead on.

It's a heavy sucker though, almost 45 oz with a MWI 1.93" mount.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just bought their 4-16 on sale with their combo pack. I think I paid $315 for the whole kit. Going to throw it on a chasis gun I have that is pretty much a bench gun.

I will see soon enough what I think. It's going on a gun that I didn't really want to put $$ into with a high end optic.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Chinesium. Nope. $450 isn’t a small amount of money. Keep your money and put it toward a quality optic made anywhere other than China.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 09-08-22 at 20:08.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Chinesium. Nope. $450 isn’t a small amount of money. Keep your money and put it toward a quality optic made anywhere other than China.
    Kinda what I’m thinking. For a little more, get something made totally in Japan or better. Those may not have the latest bells and whistles but CS will be solid.

Feedback Score
    There is some reviews from TiborasaurusRex on Youtube and the tracking is spot on. The construction of the erectors is impressive. Very positive clicks. I've recently got the EP5 and impressed with the glass. Eyebox gets a little tight at full value but comparable to many other first focal plane scopes to me. I've only seen a couple postings of people having trouble with the scope and they got them replaced fairly fast. I believe their US office is in Texas.