Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Introduces the New 308 Small-Frame Autoloading Rifle (SFAR)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_H View Post
    Yes, I did get it, I love it. I tried top upload pics, but from my phone they won't upload. I haven't shot it yet, but it feels amazing. The handguard feels a little cheap, but thats my only gripe so far. I can't decide on an optic yet, but I put irons on it already. I'm not rich and this isn't a go to war rifle so I am likely trying out one of the PA 1-10 optics.
    I think are reasonable optics for the price and to just get some glass on the gun. I bought a couple 1-6’s of theirs for mid $200’s and they work fine and have been getting better I’m sure.

PSA has that 1-6 sig optic with mount on sale for $350. That damn combo is hard to beat too.

Good luck.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-25-23 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I really hate reading this feedback on Rugers.
    I like Ruger...I own a lot of Rugers. But yeah, their QC is pretty shoddy. I've had to return several of my personal guns to them to get things fixed that shouldn't have left the factory. Most recent was a Redhawk with the front sight so badly canted it was impossible to sight in. The shop where I help out part time has had to return a couple of straight-from-the distributor guns back to the mothership before we could even put them on the shelf. Finally, a guy came in the other day with is new AR556...Both taper pins fell out of the FSB during his first range trip with the rifle. Like how is that possible...You'd need an 8# sledge to move those ****ers on my LMTs.

Anyway, they have a great warranty, but there's a better than average chance you'll have to use it.

The couple of SFARs I've looked at seemed OK, but my overall opinion was, more or less, "meh". That brake looks like it'd be super obnoxious, the handguards seem flimsy, and the actions felt kinda rough.

I think I'll just stick with my FALs
    Last edited by kerplode; 06-01-23 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So I finally shot it. I really, really like it.

First couple rounds I actually had a failure to go into battery, but that was only round 2 and 3. I didn't do serious accuracy testing because I ran out of time. The chamber seems to be really tight. Extracting rounds with the charging handle is tough, but I am sure it'll work itself out with more rounds. My goal was to sight in my irons at 50 and get my scope on paper. I put a credo 1-4 on the rifle for now, that may change, but I was taking it off another AR due to it getting an upgrade. Muzzle brake is a little obnoxious, but the rifle is the softest shooting 308 I own.

IMG_3204(1).jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I finally shot it. I really, really like it.

First couple rounds I actually had a failure to go into battery, but that was only round 2 and 3. I didn't do serious accuracy testing because I ran out of time. The chamber seems to be really tight. Extracting rounds with the charging handle is tough, but I am sure it'll work itself out with more rounds. My goal was to sight in my irons at 50 and get my scope on paper. I put a credo 1-4 on the rifle for now, that may change, but I was taking it off another AR due to it getting an upgrade. Muzzle brake is a little obnoxious, but the rifle is the softest shooting 308 I own.

IMG_3204(1).jpg
    I would strongly consider polishing the chamber if I were in your shoes. Also, testing with more types of ammo to see if you still have difficulty with manual extraction.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What would be the best way to polish the chamber? What tools? I’ve never done it before.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's a brand new rifle...It should work correctly. Send it to Ruger and let them deal with it...Tell them the chamber is tight and extraction is difficult.

If you screw with it and arse it up, they're not going to be as willing to help you.

Ruger Customer Service => 336-949-5200

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ll put a couple more rounds through it Friday to see if it persists. I was shooting some older surplus, wondering if it is just that. The Tulammo didn’t seem to have that issue.

Feedback Score
    I’ll put a couple more rounds through it Friday to see if it persists. I was shooting some older surplus, wondering if it is just that. The Tulammo didn’t seem to have that issue.
    Mine was very tight at first, and also had a FTE. After 20 rounds of brass case old mil surp, it never happened again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What would be the best way to polish the chamber? What tools? I’ve never done it before.
    After my stuck case in the first round, I sprayed some CLP in the chamber and just shot several rounds through it. Sprayed it again and shot a few more. It was good to go after that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    After my stuck case in the first round, I sprayed some CLP in the chamber and just shot several rounds through it. Sprayed it again and shot a few more. It was good to go after that.

Not speaking from personal experience here, but from what I read, you don't want any oil in your chamber at all. It can cause over pressure.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast