Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ruger Introduces the New 308 Small-Frame Autoloading Rifle (SFAR)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What are the vent holes there for? They don't seem to do anything in normal operation. I would say they're there to serve the same function as the vent holes in many other rifles. To redirect pressure in the event of a case head rupture or a plugged bore.

There is a potential there for the introduction of fouling and debris from the vents but that's probably the nature of the beast. Better to have these vents to help avoid serious injury to the shooter rather than a complete sealed action that may come apart under extremely high pressure.

I don't know what Ruger did in the case of the SFAR but from talking to some of their people back when the SR556 piston gun was a thing--Ruger does what they call pyramid testing. A batch of guns are all shot X amount of rounds. Then the batch size is reduced. The remaining guns are then shot X amount of rounds. The batch is reduced again and again and process continues until a certain round count is reached or until things start to break. Then Ruger has samples of guns with known round counts that can be examined to see what wear patterns have developed along the way.
    That is my understanding, yes.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good points and I think at this point we all understand everything with rifles and optics have tradeoffs. I'm under no illusion this rifle is in league with a lmt mws or kac 110, but it does fit the bill as a nice lightweight hunting rifle with familiar ergonomics.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Shot my Ruger SFAR today with the new Banish 30 suppressor and my first rifle reloads since 1993 when I used to load with a guy who would walk me through every step. This time, I was flying solo.

I loaded three sets of 5 each .308 Win, 15 total rounds. Sierra Game King 165’s. VV N140 with 40.5, 41.0, and 41.5 grains respectively. I was hoping it would be as good as factory stuff…so I had low expectations.

This is the 5 X 5 round groups at 50 yards, from a makeshift rest. Top group is Milsurp 147 gr that’s probably from the 80’s. Middle left is PPU 168gr Match. Middle right is my reload w/ 40.5 grains powder. Bottom left is 41.0, and bottom right is 41.5. I was pretty shocked with the results:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Shot my Ruger SFAR today with the new Banish 30 suppressor and my first rifle reloads since 1993 when I used to load with a guy who would walk me through every step. This time, I was flying solo.

I loaded three sets of 5 each .308 Win, 15 total rounds. Sierra Game King 165’s. VV N140 with 40.5, 41.0, and 41.5 grains respectively. I was hoping it would be as good as factory stuff…so I had low expectations.

This is the 5 X 5 round groups at 50 yards, from a makeshift rest. Top group is Milsurp 147 gr that’s probably from the 80’s. Middle left is PPU 168gr Match. Middle right is my reload w/ 40.5 grains powder. Bottom left is 41.0, and bottom right is 41.5. I was pretty shocked with the results:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice. 1.5 MOA from a lightweight 308 is perfectly acceptable IMO.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    6.5 in stock:

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...product_detail

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Jeez, I'd consider it but need another caliber to stock up on like another hole in my head!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    FN Sues Ruger Over ‘SFAR’ Mark, Claiming Infringement on Its ‘SCAR’ Trademark

https://www.usacarry.com/fn-sues-rug...car-trademark/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like FN, and am a devoted SCAR fanboy, but this just seems stupid on the face of it. Unless they have some incredibly damning evidence, I hope Ruger counter sues for frivolous lawsuit.

Good lord, I'm hoping Ruger beats FN. What is the world coming to?
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789