Thread: Will the CMMG 22LR Conversion run full auto using a full auto lower

Feedback Score

Will the CMMG 22LR Conversion run full auto using a full auto lower

I have a registered full auto Colt lower that I use with an assortment of different upper receivers. One thing that I've noticed when others are shooting it who are new to full auto is that they often do not get on it enough to properly manage the constant stream of recoil. The result is that many of their shots tend to go high. I'd like to start them off with a 22LR conversion in full auto if it will run reliably. I know the CMMG 22LR conversion is popular. Will it run full auto? I looked on CMMG's website, but it doesn't specify. If it doesn't run full auto out of the box, can it be modified to do so? I'm also open to just buying a complete 22LR full auto upper half if there's one that works reliably.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is there a pic of their carrier? That's the critical part for hitting the auto sear.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I couldn't find a picture of the underside of the carrier. He's the best I could find. I don't see anything that would trip it. I wonder if someone (or CMMG) makes a FA conversion for this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Based on that picture, it will not run with your FA lower, without modification.

I can see a solution that involves adding a shelf to the CMMG carrier at the exact location of a standard M16 carrier, that would serve to trip the auto sear.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That looks like a clone of the "Atchisson" MKIII like produced by Jonathan Arthur Ciener who makes a sear trip for his unit that just might work. He sells a Automatic trip (M16 only) and a Anti-bounce weight (M16 only) for $35 each.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/ordpg-prts-ar.htm
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. You need the autosear trip and anti-bounce weight. I have one and it runs nicely on auto.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    OK. Does CMMG sell them or would I get them from a 3rd party?