Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In 2022 should you move on from Geissele triggers?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

In 2022 should you move on from Geissele triggers?

I absolutely love my Geissele triggers and really everything Geissele. I'm a huge trigger snob, so today I'm at work sitting in my 2nd office watching YouTube and I watch a trigger comparison video with data and graphs. Well to my surprise my beloved Geissele triggers didn't come out on top and a lot of trigger companies I've never even heard of are leading it...

So, is Geissele old news and should I move onto dare I say, better triggers?!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I absolutely love my Geissele triggers and really everything Geissele. I'm a huge trigger snob, so today I'm at work sitting in my 2nd office watching YouTube and I watch a trigger comparison video with data and graphs. Well to my surprise my beloved Geissele triggers didn't come out on top and a lot of trigger companies I've never even heard of are leading it...

No.

However, it’s your money, do what you want.

I will only buy G triggers until they no longer exist.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post

Move on for sure. You should always move on from anything "beloved" at the recommendation of a YT video. Reply sent from offices 1-9. In the end, just make sure the latest and greatest doesn't make you look fat.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 09-08-22 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    No.

However, it’s your money, do what you want.

I will only buy G triggers until they no longer exist.
    I certainly don't want to move on from Geissele but if there are better triggers out there I'm not married to them either. I've been planning on trying out the SSP next.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There are some good options however, with regard to triggers, G is the gold standard. I have a Larue and a Centurion that both are good $100 triggers. So if you only have limited cash there are good options. But G owns this market space.

What companies did the you tube peeps tout?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What were the criteria? I can't imaging any triggers outperforming G in durability and longevity.

Historically... making a fast trigger wasn't all that hard. But making one that didn't break or malfunction over time was the real trick.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What were the criteria? I can't imaging any triggers outperforming G in durability and longevity.

Historically... making a fast trigger wasn't all that hard. But making one that didn't break or malfunction over time was the real trick.
    This. Do I want a trigger that's objectively 12% "better", or do I want a trigger that's as good as I can subjectively discern, that I know won't fail when I need it most?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    By what standard were they judged? Pull weight? Looks? What makes Geissele so good is the build quality. Any ass hat can produce a trigger that looks and subjectively feels good, but I’m more concerned with safety, reliability and durability. But you do you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    There are some good options however, with regard to triggers, G is the gold standard. I have a Larue and a Centurion that both are good $100 triggers. So if you only have limited cash there are good options. But G owns this market space.

What companies did the you tube peeps tout?

PB
    The main ones that got better numbers than Geissele were

https://risearmament.com/product/ris...a-535-trigger/

and

https://triggertech.com/products/ar?...31600313368694

When I actually looked them up I saw they, like Geissele, were also $200+ triggers. I have a hard time putting $200 towards any trigger except a Geissele. But like I said, maybe I've been under a rock and there are better options.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    LaRue MBT is made from plate S7 tool steel. Geissele are cast, aren't they? Plate should have the edge all else being equal.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast