Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In 2022 should you move on from Geissele triggers?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    LaRue MBT is made from plate S7 tool steel. Geissele are cast, aren't they? Plate should have the edge all else being equal.
    Not sure about the specifics on any of the triggers metal specs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    The main ones that got better numbers than Geissele were

https://risearmament.com/product/ris...a-535-trigger/

and

https://triggertech.com/products/ar?...31600313368694

When I actually looked them up I saw they, like Geissele, were also $200+ triggers. I have a hard time putting $200 towards any trigger except a Geissele. But like I said, maybe I've been under a rock and there are better options.
    Neither come close to the G-triggers in terms of proven combat reliability. Not all, but many I've seen, use cassette triggers because they are too lazy and/or too lame to install a standard style trigger. I'll stick with Geissele for my go to triggers, if I want to save some coin and still go with a quality 2 stage trigger it would be a Centurion AST, my budget build triggers are ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMST.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Neither come close to the G-triggers in terms of proven combat reliability. Not all, but many I've seen, use cassette triggers because they are too lazy and/or too lame to install a standard style trigger. I'll stick with Geissele for my go to triggers, if I want to save some coin and still go with a quality 2 stage trigger it would be a Centurion AST, my budget build triggers are ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMST.
    Yea I'll be sticking with Geissele too.

As far as the Centurion AST, why would you go with that over the ACT? https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

As far as the Centurion AST, why would you go with that over the ACT? https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
    They are two different triggers. The AST is a 2-stage about 85-90% of a Geissele, an ACT (and the other two I list above) are cleaned-up milspec single stage trigger with a fancy coating.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Should I get a new trigger to replace my current trigger, which is the gold standard of triggers, because someone on YouTube said I should? And oh yeah! There were some graphs… and there was some data!

This is just wild to me…
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    They are two different triggers. The AST is a 2-stage about 85-90% of a Geissele, an ACT (and the other two I list above) are cleaned-up milspec single stage trigger with a fancy coating.
    Good to know! I didn't even know Centurion offered triggers to be honest. I'll pick one up right now to drop into my 5x 14.5 build. I need to order a barrel from them anyways.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

The ACT is a Schmid single stage, I beleive the AST is a two-stage of Schmid origin.

As far as durabilty goes, G is not the only durable trigger out there. It has long been speculated that they get their castings from Schmid. I absolutely know that ALG (Geissele) do. There are several other Schmid two-stage triggers on the market, one of which I put over 10k rds on a year or two ago, largely in a PCC, and its still going. G might be the most proven two-stage final product, though.

I’m not aware of MBTs shitting the bed.

In trigger feel, the Triggertech (non-adjustable) is very, very nice. Much better than a SSA, or even SSA-E. I’d also prefer it over a S3G, or SSA-X. Think 1911. However, the way it retains its pins is not as confidence-inspiring as a SSA. Certainly good enough for home-D or match shooting, but I’d be concerned that they would walk in some other uses. That’s only speculation. I’ve got several thousand rounds on mine with no issues, including in a PCC.

Some cassette-style triggers have a more confidence-inspiring method of retaining pins. The Wilson Combat TTUs use a detent spring, more like “mil-spec” ones. I’ve got tens of thousands of rounds on mine, with one trip back to the factory, and a buddy has several thousand on his.

I know nothing about Rise.

I wouldn’t change out a G trigger that I like for any of these unless I was in a tinkering mood. Its a perfectly good trigger.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-08-22 at 14:14.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Its definitely nice to see new options in the gun market, especially for better prices. That being said, i don't think you should replace your Geissele at all. They just work and are very proven and reliable.

Now, i do run Larue MBTs, Timney, CMC, Rise, and other triggers as well, and have never had an issue with any of them. I'm especially impressed with the Larue MBT for the price, and i've heard nothing but good things about the Centurion triggers for the price. BUT, at the end of the day, my 3 main go-to rifles all have Geissele SSA-E triggers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good to know! I didn't even know Centurion offered triggers to be honest. I'll pick one up right now to drop into my 5x 14.5 build. I need to order a barrel from them anyways.
    We're running one of the Centurion triggers every weekend now. It's doing great. The reset is a little lighter than I'm used to, but no issues with reliability. The ACT is really no better (or not noticeably better) than standard USGI... at least the one I have.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is the centurion trigger just another rebranded Schmid? My MSR10 came with a schmid from the factory and that has broken in to be a very nice precision trigger.

I personally own a G2S, Larue MBT2, and schmid; and I won't buy a trigger to necessarily replace any of them, but in the future the only trigger I will buy is the Larue. Its middle price and honestly the nicest if I'm doing a blind trigger comparison.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast