Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In 2022 should you move on from Geissele triggers?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The ACT is really no better (or not noticeably better) than standard USGI... at least the one I have.
    The standard USGI trigger has a wide range of quality to them, they are all reliable but some "feel" much better than others and some down right suck, the ACT is always on the better end of that spectrum range.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Well to my surprise my beloved Geissele triggers didn't come out on top and a lot of trigger companies I've never even heard of are leading it...
    That is called a clue, don't beleive everything you watch on communistTube. Triggers are like women, everyone has different tastes.

Knock yourself out, it is your money. I'll be keeping my G-Triggers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The standard USGI trigger has a wide range of quality to them, they are all reliable but some "feel" much better than others and some down right suck, the ACT is always on the better end of that spectrum range.
    No question about it. I run a bunch of GI triggers. We pulled out a DD trigger one time that felt like it had sand in it's creep. The grittiest trigger ever.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The worst AR trigger I ever felt was on my LMT when I first bought it. I measured it once before I swapped it out and it bottomed out a 10lb gauge.
    Had a hellava "catch" right after the initial take up.
    Put a Velocity 4lb trigger in and its been 100% awesome ever since.
    Ive not tried all the G triggers..and yeah, of course, they are nice. But, they aint the only game in town..and Ive owned two Velocity triggers now for awhile, one well over 10 years...and they, ESPECIALLY for the money...are really well built, very nice triggers.
    Another surprisingly good trigger Ive had now awhile..is an EPT trigger on my experimental PSA carbine. Been a great shooting trigger.
    We aint gotta spend $200-$300 for a nice trigger anymore....TOO many options out there now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    What sells Geissele triggers to me is their track record of reliability. Yes they are expensive, but you can usually catch them on sale around Labor Day, Black Friday, and July 4th. The SSA-E is my go to trigger for all my guns. I’ve tried the SD-3G, SSP, and Larue MBT, but I keep circling back to the SSA-E. I think Bill has recently jumped the shark with the $325.00 “X” models, but as long as he keeps selling the regular SSA-E I’ll be happy.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    The worst AR trigger I ever felt was on my LMT when I first bought it. I measured it once before I swapped it out and it bottomed out a 10lb gauge.
    Had a hellava "catch" right after the initial take up.
    I call those variable stage triggers. Very elite!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I call those variable stage triggers. Very elite!
    I called it something..not nice. Ive got that trigger somewhere, and have a 100 times meant to have someone look at it, just never have.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    What sells Geissele triggers to me is their track record of reliability. Yes they are expensive, but you can usually catch them on sale around Labor Day, Black Friday, and July 4th. The SSA-E is my go to trigger for all my guns. I’ve tried the SD-3G, SSP, and Larue MBT, but I keep circling back to the SSA-E. I think Bill has recently jumped the shark with the $325.00 “X” models, but as long as he keeps selling the regular SSA-E I’ll be happy.
    I have multiple "E" models. I have several other higher-cost triggers which are very acceptable. After having some higher-end fire-control assemblies, I can easily stated almost all mil-specs compare very unfavorably; as well they should based on costs. I have one mil-spec which is factory yet has a spit over 4 lbs pull, smooth, and consistent. It's stored. Of all things, it came on my M&P 15-22 (installed Hiperfire/Hipertouch 24C). Go figure. Lastly, when in combat, short of reliability, all the "upgrades" are irrelevant as you are pulling that trigger like a pissed-off Silverback. At least that's my experience. The 24C registers at 1.5-1.8 with my 2 gauges. Serves nicely as a dedicated late-night armadillo engager.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are more options for GTG AR-type triggers in recent years than ever before. That said, Geissele remains a (the?) leader and isn't going anywhere.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    That is called a clue, don't beleive everything you watch on communistTube. Triggers are like women, everyone has different tastes.
    Having of not heard of something doesn't necessarily mean anything, particularly for something as niche as AR triggers. Lots of people haven't heard of any of the Holy Trinity of Swiss Watches, but know Rolex, and possibly Omega and TAG Heuer, despite those three brands being considered far inferior to the Holy Trinity (AP, PP, and VC). In this case, TriggerTech has a stellar reputation for putting out triggers that are simply amazing when it comes to their trigger pull characteristics, and I can certainly see someone replacing their Geissele with a TT purely off of that, if long term durability and environmental/maintenance concerns are not an issue.

Rise I have also heard of, but have a much more negative view, due to some of the rumors and anecdotes I've heard about their triggers, but I wouldn't deny that by all accounts, their problem-free triggers also have excellent trigger pull characteristics.

Geissele triggers are simply a great combination of trigger pull characteristics and track record. This doesn't mean that there aren't better triggers out there for certain roles, nor does it mean that there aren't triggers that are actually even more durable. The fact that Geissele triggers are investment cast, yet MSRP for so much, is kinda obscene (also not very cool is how they consistently undercut their dealers with their sales). I say that as someone that personally use all Geisseles and have no plans to change from that.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast