Thread: Florida Firearms Training Schedule Updates!

Feedback Score

Florida Firearms Training Schedule Updates!

Just a heads up that our 2023 schedule should be posted sometime in October. If you want to get into any of the 2022 current year courses, you should book now as many are already full or almost full.

See you on the range.

https://floridafirearmstraining.com/course-menu

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I see some courses I'd be interested in attending some time for sure. Point shooting clinic, red dot course, would be of benefit for sure. Still not made the change to red dot on my pistols.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    FFT... Who are the instructors? Qualifications? History? Unable to find on their website, only one listed.
    Last edited by henri; 09-08-22 at 22:21.

Feedback Score
    Henri, Thanks for asking. We will be adding instructor profiles onto our website early next year. FFT is big on students taking a class from FFT, not the individual instructor. Each course has been and continues to be developed by the company and not the individual instructor, so for example our Vehicle Tactics Class (Bullets and Cares Course). The course curriculum was created by me Will Farrugia. I am the director of Training. (A brief bio is below) using data and lessons learnt from my 30 plus years of practical experience and my senior instructors 100 plus years of combined combative firearms experience working around the world. So the this is not just another warmed over class from someone that has “attended” another class and is now trying to teach THAT class. It is a curriculum based on real world tactics based on our own experience, facts history and science.. All FFT instructors have to go through the FFT Instructor training program. No one just shows up and teaches a FFT curriculum course, regardless to past qualifications. First they need to go through as a student multiple times, then they go through as an assistant (multiple times) then they get to teach with oversight of the director of training at least three times….then and only then (if signed off by the director of training) are they allowed to teach a class. This process goes for EACH and every one of our FFT courses. It’s the FFT way of doing things.

Some of the FFT cadre includes:
    William (Will) Farrugia : A certified firearms and tactics instructor for over 30 years, teaching military, law enforcement, security contractor and civilian classes across the globe. Apart from being a small arms instructor, he has also worked as an executive protection agent (including looking after U.S. Congressman and international dignitaries) and military security contractor. Over the years he has taught firearms and tactics to: Civilians of all backgrounds, Hunters, Competition shooters, Brazilian SWAT, Peruvian security forces, British military (Army and Royal Marines), numerous United States SWAT Teams, Sheriff’s Office, numerous USA police departments, USA ATF agents, ICE Agents, United States Marine Corps personnel, Multiple US federal agency personnel , Australian military, Australian federal police, Yugoslavian security forces, Italian Military Police and others. Will also works as Expert Witness for firearms and the use of firearms in self-defense for the Palm Beach Public defender’s office and other attorneys.

Stevan Hollahan-Blanda. FFT instructor: Been full time with FFT since 2014. Served six years in the US Army (101st airborne) as an Infantry squad leader and sniper. Completed multiple combat tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Current world record holder for the longest confirmed hit with Javelin missile in battle. During his service overseas he was also a team leader of a high value target take down unit, specializing in entry search and capture / kill operations. Has completed in house FFT instructor qualification for over 30 FFT courses. Graduated top of his Glock Instructor / LEO Operator class. Now teaches firearms and tactics use, precision rifle, Room Clearing, Team Tactics and Force on Force training to civilians, security contractors as well as local and federal law enforcement agencies. NRA certified Instructor.

Jason DuBose. FFT Instructor. Joined FFT 2013. Gained real world experience from multiple combat deployments with the United States Marine Corps and while working as a Security Contractor, providing mobile security for U.S State Department Officials in hostile environments. Real world experience is additionally polished by attending Government and civilian Instructor Courses such as Foreign Weapons Instructor Course; Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor Course; Military Operations Urban Terrain Instructor Course; NRA Instructor Courses etc. Completed in house FFT instructor qualification for 26 courses. Now teaches firearms and tactics use, precision rifle and force on force training to civilians, security contractors as well as local and federal law enforcement agencies. NRA certified Instructor.

Dan McGonagle. FFT Instructor. Joined FFT 2019. Dan spent approximately ten years in law enforcement with a Police Department in Georgia. His last assignment was as a detective with the Homeland Security Division. His last three years with the department he was a sniper for the SWAT Team. Dan spent two years in Baghdad, Iraq as a security contractor. He spent time teaching the Iraqi security forces, conducting static security for the base, and eight months assigned as a vehicle commander to a personal protection team. He has completed two NRA law enforcement instructor courses. Dan now teaches firearms and tactics use, precision rifle and force on force training to civilians, security contractors as well as local and federal law enforcement agencies.

Joshua Stone. FFT Instructor. Joined FFT in 2018. Spent five years in the U.S. Marine Corps. Marine Corps Rifle and Pistol marksmanship instructor. Josh was part of a U.S. Marine Corps unit that taught Japanese, Korean and Pilipino Marines Close Quarters Combat, Close Quarters Battle, High Value Target extraction, Hasty and Snap Vehicle Control Points/Traffic Control Points. He also taught Convoy Security, mounted and dismounted patrols, Detainee tactics. Josh received training on the M110 SASS and was part of his battalion's Designated Marksman teams. Before leaving the Marine Corps and with a view to continuing his instructing career, Josh obtained his NRA instructor certification to teach in the civilian world. Since leaving the Corps, Josh worked at various gun stores / ranges as instructor / RO and management positions. Now teaches Intro to advanced classes. FFT & NRA certified.

Brandon Rizzo. FFT Instructor: Joined FFT in April 2021. Previously he served in the US Army for 4 years as an infantry team leader traveling to, training in and with foreign countries to include Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia, UK, and multiple others. Training included open area patrols and reacting to contact, bunker and tunnel clearing, close quarters building clearing, and cooperative procedures with vehicle mounted allies. Qualified expert in over 15 weapon systems foreign and domestic. NRA certified.

Feel free to contact me directly for any further info on FFT and our training. Stay sharp.

Will.F
    (Standby)
    Last edited by Standby; 09-27-22 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I see some courses I'd be interested in attending some time for sure. Point shooting clinic, red dot course, would be of benefit for sure. Still not made the change to red dot on my pistols.
    Love to have you there, Sir!
    Last edited by Standby; 10-13-22 at 15:26.