Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top End LPVO...Vortex, Nightforce, something else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I think a lot of it just depends on environment and mission/application. I live in Utah, where there are a lot of open spaces to shoot out to 1,000+ yards, so i appreciate a little extra magnification on the top end. But for many, 4-6x may be plenty of magnification. Even though the Vortex Gen III Razor offers extra magnification, I think the Razor Gen II 1-6 is still an extremely useful LPVO for many situations, and has a more useable red dot.
    I'm jealous of you being in Utah, I would love to get out that way again. I really liked the Gen 2 Razor, I just think that they need to bring the price down with all the competition it has now. I'd like to get my hands on the Primary Arms Compact 1-8x, although they say it isn't quite daylight bright which can really bother me when I'm shooting in the woods as you can go from open pockets of prairie to heavily shadowed thickets of trees in just a few steps.
    If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today. -Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    For 0 to 400 yds I still like my 14.5" inch barreled upper with the Kahles K16i 1-6X with the G4B reticle. I recently added an ACRO P2 at 12 o'clock, and in it's role it works just fine *for me*.

14.5", 12.5", 11.5" uppers

That’s a nice setup. I have a Trijicon Credo 1-6 on a 14.5. But I like the Kahles better. Nicely put together rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'm jealous of you being in Utah, I would love to get out that way again. I really liked the Gen 2 Razor, I just think that they need to bring the price down with all the competition it has now. I'd like to get my hands on the Primary Arms Compact 1-8x, although they say it isn't quite daylight bright which can really bother me when I'm shooting in the woods as you can go from open pockets of prairie to heavily shadowed thickets of trees in just a few steps.
    Hit me up if you're ever out this way! I have some property with steel set up from pistol ranges to 2,000 yards.
    As for the Primary Arms PLx 1-8, i've heard great things about it. I have the Primary Arms Platinum 1-8, which is the heavier version before the new PLx compact, and I absolutely love it. Mine is daylight bright though, so that's disappointing if the new PLx compact isnt...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234