Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top End LPVO...Vortex, Nightforce, something else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all the advice, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Gen III Vortex. I'm waiting on a few final parts to come in and I'll have the gun all built up and probably do some shooting in the next few weeks.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    120 (100%)
    For 0 to 400 yds I still like my 14.5" inch barreled upper with the Kahles K16i 1-6X with the G4B reticle. I recently added an ACRO P2 at 12 o'clock, and in it's role it works just fine *for me*.

14.5", 12.5", 11.5" uppers

Last edited by Biggy; 09-22-22 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    What do you think of that Ripcord handguard?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    120 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    What do you think of that Ripcord handguard?
    I like it. The 11.75 handguard was just what I was looking for in the way of its length and rigidity.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-24-22 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I like it. The 11.75” handguard was just what I was looking for in the way of it’s length and rigidity for the 12.5” barrel I was using.
    Cool I am thinking of using it on a 13.9" build and am pleased to see the RS XOS work well.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    120 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Cool I am thinking of using it on a 13.9" build and am pleased to see the RS XOS work well.
    I had to file all but the end M-lok locator lugs off the back side of the RS XOS rail scales so they would work with the Ripcord handguard.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was lucky enough to be able to try a Razor 3 extensively before buying, and am glad I got that opportunity. Even at an incredible price I walked away.

The PA PLXc might be good, but I haven't actually used one yet. Only optics that actually impressed me hard was the Khales and Swaro.

My daily driver is a P4Xi. What it lacks in top end magnification it makes up for in every other way that makes an LPVO great.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I was lucky enough to be able to try a Razor 3 extensively before buying, and am glad I got that opportunity. Even at an incredible price I walked away.
    Why? Im close to trading my PLx for a Razor 1-10 just because I know that scope and have been pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why? I’m close to trading my PLx for a Razor 1-10 just because I know that scope and have been pleased with it.
    So I sort of understand this as I put my Razor 1-10x on my 16" AR10/308, and it really does excel at that role. The 1x has a slight fish eye effect and the eyebox at 10x is just as bad as a 4x Acog, but in a rifle you are mainly either up right with and then prone this thing is perfect, for a barriers, or other awkward position this leaves a lot to be desired, I really regret selling my 1-6x Viper because it did such a good job at being a Red dot, while providing me with 6x magnification, the 1-10x's and even 1-8x that I've played with are almost too focused on a precision scope and not enough on being a Dot
    If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today. -Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I really regret selling my 1-6x Viper because it did such a good job at being a Red dot, while providing me with 6x magnification, the 1-10x's and even 1-8x that I've played with are almost too focused on a precision scope and not enough on being a Dot
    I think a lot of it just depends on environment and mission/application. I live in Utah, where there are a lot of open spaces to shoot out to 1,000+ yards, so i appreciate a little extra magnification on the top end. But for many, 4-6x may be plenty of magnification. Even though the Vortex Gen III Razor offers extra magnification, I think the Razor Gen II 1-6 is still an extremely useful LPVO for many situations, and has a more useable red dot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast