Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Top End LPVO...Vortex, Nightforce, something else?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which models and generations have this semi-transparent central reticle?
    The Nightforce FC-DMx reticle for the 1-8 models is similar to the Razor. A complaint I've heard on the original FC-DM was that the smaller circle obscured too much at long range. I haven't used either myself, only the Gen 3 Razor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    The Nightforce FC-DMx reticle for the 1-8 models is similar to the Razor. A complaint I've heard on the original FC-DM was that the smaller circle obscured too much at long range. I haven't used either myself, only the Gen 3 Razor.
    Interesting that Nightforce went to the Semi-transparent center dot, I've shot the non-transparent and while I didn't mind it, and was impressed with the scope overall, the center dot was pretty large at 8x, but for minute of man I don't think that was anything horrible
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My preference is the NX8 for footprint and reliability. I have used Nightforce for the better part of a decade, and while I am just a filthy casual, they've been so boringly predictable and reliable.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I found it annoying at all ranges except on 1X. I like my FC-DM NX8, but I will be buying FC-DMx for my next one. No brainer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I got my Razor 1-10x for a few hundred less, around $1800 with Vortex Veterans/Mil/Leo discount, I think you can reach out to them and they'll point you to a vender with the discount pricing
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I have a Gen III and ATACR and think the Razor edges it out. Mine does have some mild fish eye that bugs me but isn't the end of the world. It has better FOV for sure and I prefer the non-rotating eye piece vs NF's.

I do think the NF has a better reticle as well as controls (illumination and magnification are smoother to me). Eye boxes are very similar as well as illumination brightness; I think NF is slightly ahead in both but not by any serious margin. I only bought my NF as the MIL discount is substantial and wanted to have one.

All that being said, I still think a Gen II-E is the best bang for the buck as have one as well.
    Where did you purchase your ATACR from?
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptotic View Post
    Where did you purchase your ATACR from?
    Nightforce direct. I cannot share their price's but can say it is a very nice discount.

If you are eligible: https://www.nightforceoptics.com/inf...v-individuals/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Nightforce direct. I cannot share their price's but can say it is a very nice discount.

If you are eligible: https://www.nightforceoptics.com/inf...v-individuals/
    Thanks, Brother. I’m about to purchase my first NF and I was unaware of the .mil discount.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptotic View Post
    Thanks, Brother. I’m about to purchase my first NF and I was unaware of the .mil discount.
    Just be warned they have some long lead times. One of the reasons I went with Vortex was it was going to be 6 months before I could get a NF thru the military direct buy.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast