Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top End LPVO...Vortex, Nightforce, something else?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Gen III and ATACR and think the Razor edges it out. Mine does have some mild fish eye that bugs me but isn't the end of the world. It has better FOV for sure and I prefer the non-rotating eye piece vs NF's.

I do think the NF has a better reticle as well as controls (illumination and magnification are smoother to me). Eye boxes are very similar as well as illumination brightness; I think NF is slightly ahead in both but not by any serious margin. I only bought my NF as the MIL discount is substantial and wanted to have one.

All that being said, I still think a Gen II-E is the best bang for the buck as have one as well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I have a Gen III and ATACR and think the Razor edges it out. Mine does have some mild fish eye that bugs me but isn't the end of the world. It has better FOV for sure and I prefer the non-rotating eye piece vs NF's.

I do think the NF has a better reticle as well as controls (illumination and magnification are smoother to me). Eye boxes are very similar as well as illumination brightness; I think NF is slightly ahead in both but not by any serious margin. I only bought my NF as the MIL discount is substantial and wanted to have one.

All that being said, I still think a Gen II-E is the best bang for the buck as have one as well.
    MRAD or MOA Razor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    SuperSetCA did an updated comparison video and included the Plx 1-8 Compact.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is a little money saving hint. The Razor Gen III 1-10x and Eotech Vudu 1-10x are identical in glass quality, eye box and characteristics because they come out of the same factory in Japan probably built on the same line. The only downsides are the reticle not being daylight bright but actually better than the Razor when unilluminated, a wonky off/on/brightness buttons and slightly worse feeling turrets. But for $800 less you are pretty much getting essentially the same optic.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    MRAD or MOA Razor?
    MOA. I wanted MRAD but was impatient and bought the first Gen III I saw in-stock when released.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    MOA. I wanted MRAD but was impatient and bought the first Gen III I saw in-stock when released.
    I did the same, ended up selling the MOA for a bit of a loss to replace with the MRAD once I found one since the MRAD has more stadia.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    SuperSetCA did an updated comparison video and included the Plx 1-8 Compact.

His note at the end about the brightness not being enough for the up close run and gun and recommending the Razor 1-6 in that instance is exactly what I'm wondering. Unfortunately I don't have a monthly rifle match here like I did in CO, that really allowed me to get a good feel for new equipment without dumping several hundred dollars on a class.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    His note at the end about the brightness not being enough for the up close run and gun and recommending the Razor 1-6 in that instance is exactly what I'm wondering. Unfortunately I don't have a monthly rifle match here like I did in CO, that really allowed me to get a good feel for new equipment without dumping several hundred dollars on a class.
    I'm not sure where you are in the state, but there are competitions out in Maxton hosted by Gryphon Group. This includes NV matches as well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I'm not sure where you are in the state, but there are competitions out in Maxton hosted by Gryphon Group. This includes NV matches as well.
    2.5 hours one way. I'll get there at some point but I work a lot of weekends right now.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Here is a little money saving hint. The Razor Gen III 1-10x and Eotech Vudu 1-10x are identical in glass quality, eye box and characteristics because they come out of the same factory in Japan probably built on the same line. The only downsides are the reticle not being daylight bright but actually better than the Razor when unilluminated, a wonky off/on/brightness buttons and slightly worse feeling turrets. But for $800 less you are pretty much getting essentially the same optic.
    While I don't have much time behind the EoTech, I did like it, but I would mention 2 things on the Vortex Razor 1-10x: if you're LEO/Mil or a Veteran Vortex has a program that knocks down the price considerably, I think I only paid $1800 for mine. The other thing is the lifetime warranty, I feel better knowing I can drop my rifle out of a tree stand or just be the Marine I have always been and brake it and they'll replace it. Not knocking the EoTech, I honestly am thinking about their 1-8x for an upper that has been sitting in my safe for way too long.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast