Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single action CZ-75s still available?

Feedback Score
    If you have a compatible top end you can still get a CZ 75 SA Frame from CZ Custom. https://czcustom.com/cz-75-parts-kit-frame.html I bet if you don't CZ Custom has a top end that will work.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the help. I always wanted a BHP and as of now have no trust in Springfields version. I have only held the BHP and the CZ-75 but both felt great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You said you used to carry a Sig P226. Have you looked at the Legion P226 single action model? Ive only shot one once but it was phenomenal.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 09-12-22 at 10:07.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    Can you still carry the DA/SA cocked and locked that they make now?
    A regular CZ75 is effectively a single action pistol. I say this because in order to have a double action first shot, you have to thumb down the hammer while pulling the trigger. Yes it can be done and there are talented people who make it look easy, but the potential for an accidental discharge is certainly there. Plus, once you have the hammer down, the safety will not engage. So, do you want to have the CZ75 with the hammer cocked and the safety on or do you want to have it with the hammer down and the safety off. Those are your two choices. If you choose the latter, then just get the CZ75 BD because it has a built in decocker instead of a manual safety. At this point you're probably wondering what's the point of a regular CZ75 being double action. The only advantage of the double action that I can think of is that you can pull the trigger again (this time it will be a DA pull) if a cartridge doesn't go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    the SA's I've felt had a gritty trigger with the same camming action for takeup - not an ideal SA - so never saw the need.
    I have one and can confirm this. Perhaps it has better potential if someone is tuning it, but I literally have regular CZ75's with better triggers.

BTW, many of the CZ75 clones actually allow the safety to be engaged if the hammer is thumbed down. So if you want to thumb down the hammer and put the safety on, then a Tanfoglio or Turkish clone is a good alternative.
    Last edited by Bret; 09-12-22 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    A regular CZ75 is effectively a single action pistol. I say this because in order to have a double action first shot, you have to thumb down the hammer while pulling the trigger. Yes it can be done and there are talented people who make it look easy, but the potential for an accidental discharge is certainly there. Plus, once you have the hammer down, the safety will not engage. So, do you want to have the CZ75 with the hammer cocked and the safety on or do you want to have it with the hammer down and the safety off. Those are your two choices. If you choose the latter, then just get the CZ75 BD because it has a built in decocker instead of a manual safety. At this point you're probably wondering what's the point of a regular CZ75 being double action. The only advantage of the double action that I can think of is that you can pull the trigger again (this time it will be a DA pull) if a cartridge doesn't go bang.

I have one and can confirm this. Perhaps it has better potential if someone is tuning it, but I literally have regular CZ75's with better triggers.

BTW, many of the CZ75 clones actually allow the safety to be engaged if the hammer is thumbed down. So if you want to thumb down the hammer and put the safety on, then a Tanfoglio or Turkish clone is a good alternative.
    Exactly: never got the SA thing, and then you also LOSE the capability to use your DA in a second strike fashion which you lose in the SA model.

Great point about some clones which actually have a better safety that offers this feature. Some also do NOT have the dumb roll pin either.

Feedback Score
    I have thought about SAO SIG 226. Looks interesting also.

Feedback Score
    I had always heard that SAO CZ-75 had better triggers than the DA/SA. I guess that was wrong on my part, thanks for the clarification. That gives me more options.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    I had always heard that SAO CZ-75 had better triggers than the DA/SA. I guess that was wrong on my part, thanks for the clarification. That gives me more options.
    I have a P01 with a CGW hammer - the release is just as crisp and clean as a custom 1911. Of course it is DA/SA. No, the few SA's I've handled had gritty triggers. You likely CAN get a clean trigger with CGW help, but again I don't see what you gain - other than trigger shape and the safety shape.

Feedback Score
    I'll just add that my CZ75 SA isn't a bad gun. The trigger just doesn't have the feel of a nice 1911 out of the box. Plus, regardless of how good the trigger is, some pistols are just more accurate than others. I have a full size steel frame Witness (Tanfoglio) DA/SA 9mm that is way more accurate than my CZ75 SA. I don't know why, but the bullets are just far more likely to go where I'm aiming.

Feedback Score
    This SP-01 Shadow was custom built at the CZ custom shop. The trigger is equal to or better than my tuned 1911 triggers. A little on the heavy side (being all steel) but the recoil is not much more than a 22 magnum & shoots like a laser. Don't discount the SA option. There's good & bad for both SA & DA/SA.
    I come from years of 1911 use (although I love my Berettas) so SA was intuitive for me. I just need to get it milled for an optic.

Last edited by Delta-3; 09-13-22 at 12:53.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast