Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just grabbed a P320 Spectre Comp

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I just grabbed a P320 Spectre Comp

So, I walked into my LGS and the guy says, hey we have a P320 Spectre Comp. The thing that impressed me and was a wonderful surprise is the slide is tapped to take Sig, Delta Point and RMR/SRO optics direct to slide.

Its about time companies start doing this and not have to mess with plates that rise your optic more than needed and just simply are not needed. The guy said that all future guns from Sig will be this way and all guns will be optics ready.

Range report to follow.We will shoot side by side with the Legion A5.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-09-22 at 18:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    PB,

Are there recoil bosses built into the slide cut out?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Look forward to your impressions after some range time.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I wish they would make this model without the gold barrel and trigger.

I look forward to the reports after you get to the range.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The “gold barrel and trigger” are Titanium Nitride “coating”; TiN.
    It slicks things up.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    PB,

Are there recoil bosses built into the slide cut out?
    No, but the optic sits against the rear of the slide cut, if that answers your questions. I wish it were tighter but at least it butts up against the rear wall.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I wish they would make this model without the gold barrel and trigger.

I look forward to the reports after you get to the range.
    They could. Adding a bit of carbon in the mix will result in a black color without sacrificing specs. It's done elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shot the gun and it stovepiped a bit with my soft shooting 147’s. I ran some of Marks handloads and it ran fine. I had trouble with installing the screws and the optic came loose so it cut the session short.

However I didn’t feel it shot any softer than my Other X5. Maybe I need some major loads to get the benefit.

Def need more work on this project.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Stout 125gr HPs seemed to work really well... even shooting left hand only. We sand bagged the gun at 15 yards and before the sight came loose, the gun showed great accuracy potential.

I remounted the RDS after the shoot, so now I'm excited to see if my mounting skills will hold up this weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mount held up well.

Last week it wouldn't cycle my 147 soft shooting ammo, I left the slide locked back all week and this week it cycled everything. 100% reliability with all ammo. Super hot 115's and soft 147's and everything in between. However the gun ran like all guns without a comp. But knowing it wouldn't cycle ammo last week means the comp does something, just not enough or we have not the right recipe yet?

I have learned comps are tricky, and I am no magician.

PB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast