Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TR 24 or Vortex PST Gen II 1-6? (EDIT - Picked the PST II)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Seriously, you are looking at a TR24 in 2022? The TR24 was my first LPVO back in late 2000's. Technology has improved quite a bit since then. You might as well get a Red Dot + Magnifier combo at this point if you are looking at the TR24.
    For 300yd max this is probably the best. Its not like youre dialing fine holdovers, and you get a real red dot.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Seriously, you are looking at a TR24 in 2022? The TR24 was my first LPVO back in late 2000's. Technology has improved quite a bit since then. You might as well get a Red Dot + Magnifier combo at this point if you are looking at the TR24.
    I simply do not need a lot of the newer LPVO features available or am unwilling to pay the $$$ increase for them. I know the ATACR and Razor III are amazing scopes, just like I know Infinity and Mercedes build amazing cars.

I am still looking at the TR24 because I know they are a well built, durable optic with decent glass and are the least expensive Accupoint LPVO. I am looking at the PSTII 1-6 because they do have some updated features, have solid reviews, and are available at a very competative price.

The TR24 is old but kinda light, the PSTII is heavy. Both are less than $700.

I have a decent quality 1-4 LPVO (Accupower) with a reticle that has cool holdovers, etc. Its too fine and too dim for me to use in haste with my eyesight. I am willing to use a big ass, bright as I want, triangle on a post because I think it will be precise enough for my needs and a decent replacement for a red dot inside 50 M or so.

A RDS + magifier is twice the headache and a quality RDS + quality magnifier is considerably more than $700.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-15-22 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I simply do not need a lot of the newer LPVO features available or am unwilling to pay the $$$ increase for them. I know the ATACR and Razor III are amazing scopes, just like I know Infinity and Mercedes build amazing cars.

I am still looking at the TR24 because I know they are a well built, durable optic with decent glass and are the least expensive Accupoint LPVO. I am looking at the PSTII 1-6 because they do have some updated features, have solid reviews, and are available at a very competative price.

The TR24 is old but kinda light, the PSTII is heavy. Both are less than $700.

I have a decent quality 1-4 LPVO (Accupower) with a reticle that has cool holdovers, etc. Its too fine and too dim for me to use in haste with my eyesight. I am willing to use a big ass, bright as I want, triangle on a post because I think it will be precise enough for my needs and a decent replacement for a red dot inside 50 M or so.

A RDS + magifier is twice the headache and a quality RDS + quality magnifier is considerably more than $700.

Andy
    If price is a concern you can buy a Delta Stryker 1-6x for $800 that is FAR beyond what a Trijicon can do.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    TR24 all day.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Budget and the massive amount of favorable reviews online won out. I picked up a "lightly used" PST II 1-6 MRAD from RBK Armory. They had it in the mail the same day, fwiw.

UPDATE: Received the scope this afternoon and mounted it. Very nice glass, truly daylight bright red dot, slight increase in rifle weight over the Accupower 1-4. A little harder to stay in the eyebox at max power than the 1-4, but that was expected with a 25% reduction in exit pupil.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses!

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-17-22 at 18:20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12