Thread: Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammunition - 77 gr OTM

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammunition - 77 gr OTM

A buddy gave PB a box of this ammo, and PB wanted to do a mini review of the stuff.

Comes packaged nicely and it's very clean/polished stuff.

The put a pretty aggressive "factory" crimp on the round.

The last round in the 20 round box go mashed in a "bolt over" malf. So I used that round to pull the bullet to see what powder type was inside. (about 25.5gr of a ball powder) Also, their heavy crimp actually indented the bullet jacket fairly deeply:

Last edited by markm; 09-12-22 at 12:40.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I shot group 1 on the left going straight into the ammo with no fouler shots at all. I like to observe the ammo settle in if it's going to. I went straight into group 2 on the right and the ammo seemed to foul into the barrel and settle down.

I had a hunch it was ball powder, but didn't know until I got home later and pulled the damaged round apart.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would like to add this ammo cost $30 /box. God help us all. I mean its pretty good ammo but man oh man.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have a comparison to Mk262?
    I found some of that recently for $1.6 a pop.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No but if it’s BH MK262, I would go for the BH ammo.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    Do you have a comparison to Mk262?
    I found some of that recently for $1.6 a pop.
    We didn't chrono any, but we did sling a few to 1000 yards. This Sig ammo would be priced about right at $15 per box of 20 in rational pricing realm. I mean.. it's a 77 otm with ball powder. Not like it's Gold Medal Match or something. It's good ammo, but not worth paying over a buck a round.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I found some of this stuff a few years ago, it's ok nothing special. On the first 500 count box, nearly every case will split at the neck, first firing, bolt or semi. Haven't got to the second one yet.
    Grouped about the same as your 2nd one, always seems to have a flier, MK12 or Tikka bolt.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I found some of this stuff a few years ago, it's ok nothing special. On the first 500 count box, nearly every case will split at the neck, first firing, bolt or semi. Haven't got to the second one yet.
    Grouped about the same as your 2nd one, always seems to have a flier, MK12 or Tikka bolt.
    Interesting on the neck splits. Must have had a batch of brass with the last annealing skipped.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    That is wild, I heard Marks response, what do you think is the cause M5pt56? Never heard of such a thing. Are you talking about the first round out of each mag? Or each box you opened?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When they draw brass out it gets several annealings during the process. My guess is American Mediocrity stepped in and they didn't give the brass the final annealment to soften the necks. Shoot, we run brass till it won't hold a primer and rarely see a split neck... maybe 1 out of 10,000 rounds at most.