Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who makes the hottest factory 9mm ammo

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    As a test for yourself you ought to load up a handful with the fastest appropriate powder you have on hand to about the same published velocity and compare.

I did as much comparing Bullseye to AA#7 in a comped pistol of mine and the difference was noticeable.

Reading stuff on the internet is all fine and good but consider yourself lucky in the respect that you have everything you need to do some really cool experimenting.
    AA#7 is an excellent candidate for a “high gas volume”, comped barrel propellant.
    Meters well too.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how you define "factory" (i.e. is it only the big ones like Federal/Winchester/Speer?) but Underwood has an obscene 147gr +P+ load, and they also make a similarly blazing 124gr. I think both use GDHP bullets, so they aren't even close to being relatively "affordable" for training or range fun. Nonetheless they are quite spicey and I would wager cycling wouldn't be an issue.

I've seen YouTube videos where the actual velocities were higher than the advertised ones.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 09-17-22 at 20:06.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    PB brought a box of this Winchester "Active Duty" (I call it "active shooter" as an ode to the idiot media) 115 gr truncated fmjs. Very snappy compared to everything else we shot. Felt like a 40 cal.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    PB brought a box of this Winchester "Active Duty" (I call it "active shooter" as an ode to the idiot media) 115 gr truncated fmjs. Very snappy compared to everything else we shot. Felt like a 40 cal.
    Commercial M1152, https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...n/Active-Duty-
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What did yall think of this load overall? Accurate? In my Glocks it is. It was advertised as being specifically developed for the Sig service handgun "for reliability". I dont know that Ive seen that before.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I started this thread to get my Sig Spectre comp'd gun to run like a comp'd gun. Last week it wouldn't cycle my 147 soft shooting ammo, I left the slide locked back all week and this week it cycled everything. 100% reliability with all ammo. Super hot 115's and soft 147's and everything in between. However the gun ran like all guns without a comp.

I have learned comps are tricky, and I am no magician.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    What did yall think of this load overall? Accurate? In my Glocks it is. It was advertised as being specifically developed for the Sig service handgun "for reliability". I dont know that Ive seen that before.
    Overall okay. 10/10 in the black of a B8 at 25, no holdovers for 50 & 100yd B/C steel, M17/18 and misc Glocks, no issues.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    It shot well and was def toasty. It stacked shots on steel at 25 yards. So no complaints and a good training load if you want to simulate your HD loads. Very good point in that regard.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Overall okay. 10/10 in the black of a B8 at 25, no holdovers for 50 & 100yd B/C steel, M17/18 and misc Glocks, no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It shot well and was def toasty. It stacked shots on steel at 25 yards. So no complaints and a good training load if you want to simulate your HD loads. Very good point in that regard.

PB
    Thank you gents. Im stocking up on it, and still love the NATO stuff too. The velocities out of a 16" carbine were pretty dang good.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234