Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the hottest factory 9mm ammo

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We'll just load some up, PB. 20 per charge up incrementally until we're +p. I'll start staging the torture tonight!
    Thanks, it would be cool to find a magic load.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/9mm-l...-m1152-active-

Ive been shooting this a lot PB. LOVE IT. Hotter than NATO 124 by a good bit. Been very accurate out of my Glock nines.
    Look at the chrono stats on YT...unreal. Cant find my notes at the moment. Its in the +P+ range.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 09-13-22 at 14:21.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/9mm-l...-m1152-active-

Ive been shooting this a lot PB. LOVE IT. Hotter than NATO 124 by a good bit. Been very accurate out of my Glock nines.
    Look at the chrono stats on YT...unreal. Cant find my notes at the moment. Its in the +P+ range.
    SS, thanks I will try a box. Between Mark testing loads and maybe finding a load that works then try to duplicate. I bought a box of your suggestion and some +P Sig "Military Grade" 124g as well.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    SS, thanks I will try a box. Between Mark testing loads and maybe finding a load that works then try to duplicate. I bought a box of your suggestion and some +P Sig "Military Grade" 124g as well.

PB
    Holler back if you like it, I think you will. My last range trip, I shot the NATO 124gr load, which was my personal fav, side by side with the 115gr load- and it was a noticeable difference on steel, without any excessive recoil, to me anyway. Ive kinda stocked up on it, and SG has it on sale now at a great price, imo.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Don't post this. PB has a 300 year supply of 231 and Titegroup.
    Well if you are trying to be the edge of safe with 231/HP38 its like a .2 grain difference between min and max in 9mm. Not a lot of room for error there.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Well if you are trying to be the edge of safe with 231/HP38 its like a .2 grain difference between min and max in 9mm. Not a lot of room for error there.
    I'll make room for error. Believe me!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Don't post this. PB has a 300 year supply of 231 and Titegroup.
    Of those, I’d try 231 first.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Which manual is that?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Which manual is that?
    Oh the Hogdon manual will say 3.9gr min to 4.4gr max for a 124gr bullet but from personal experience the difference between 4.3gr and 4.5gr with a 124gr RN is feeling like my slide is going to short stroke to a hot factory load.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Most def use the 231 for load work up.
    TiteGroup is a fast powder with about zero tolerance for over max loads. Does great in its narrow window of light/medium loads- like Bullseye.
    A medium/slow powder is the ideal for running a comp, as they function most efficiently from gas volume, which is not necessarily chamber Pressure.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Most def use the 231 for load work up.
    Thanks. I hope PB sees this and digs the 231 out of storage. I have some other Win powder on my bench too. I forget which one, but I'll throw its name in the hat here when I get home.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast