Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the hottest factory 9mm ammo

Feedback Score
    Everglades ammo makes gamer major PF loads.
    124gr @1400fps.

You'll most likley destroy your gun first shot... but its the hottest.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-14-22 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Everglades ammo makes gamer major PF loads.
    124gr @1400fps.

You'll most likley destroy your gun first shot... but its the hottest.
    Isn't that in 357 Sig territory? Wouldn't think it would destroy a quality pistol unless it had a steady diet of it. But I'm actually curious how they obtained that kind of velocity out of a 9mm case with a 124 grain bullet. Gotta say, I'm pretty skeptical.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Isn't that in 357 Sig territory? Wouldn't think it would destroy a quality pistol unless it had a steady diet of it. But I'm actually curious how they obtained that kind of velocity out of a 9mm case with a 124 grain bullet. Gotta say, I'm pretty skeptical.
    9mm major isn't exactly common in USPSA, but it's certainly a very real thing. Though I'll again stress, I don't see any point of such hot ammo for a single port comp.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    9mm major isn't exactly common in USPSA, but it's certainly a very real thing. Though I'll again stress, I don't see any point of such hot ammo for a single port comp.
    I shoot the Everglades 124 9 Major load in my 2011 Open gun. It chron'd at 168PF at a match last Saturday, doing about 1,350 fps out of a 5 inch barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    A medium/slow powder is the ideal for running a comp, as they function most efficiently from gas volume, which is not necessarily chamber Pressure.
    Exactly.

Faster powders are not the way to go here.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Exactly.

Faster powders are not the way to go here.
    Good to know. How does WSF grab everyone's ass? I have a half a pound of that stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    According to a burn rate chart/sheet. WSF is our slowest powder, so I'm skipping the W231/HP-38 and going there. I'll try 125 gr and maybe some 147s.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    WSF works. That’s what I run mark.
    Check PM for Data
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    According to a burn rate chart/sheet. WSF is our slowest powder, so I'm skipping the W231/HP-38 and going there. I'll try 125 gr and maybe some 147s.
    As a test for yourself you ought to load up a handful with the fastest appropriate powder you have on hand to about the same published velocity and compare.

I did as much comparing Bullseye to AA#7 in a comped pistol of mine and the difference was noticeable.

Reading stuff on the internet is all fine and good but consider yourself lucky in the respect that you have everything you need to do some really cool experimenting.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    http://www.natoreloading.com/9mm/

Excellent info there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast