Thread: Minimum workup temp

Feedback Score

Minimum workup temp

Desperately trying to finish a big lot of brass so ass to do load workup with 69 rmr's before temps drop too far. 85 deg was once recommended as minimum temp if one doesn't want to break his gun when shooting same load in upper 90's. Opinions? Powder in hand cfe223, but welcome recommends for any others (including aa2230, blc2, Match Rifle, AR Plus, 4895, 335, etc?). I do find my accuracy nodes typically well off of published max, butt...

Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've only shot 1 lb of CFE and don't know about its stability. But we'll work a load up in any temp and allow for up or down on upcoming seasons. It's been a challenge lately. I had a load worked up for hot weather with 3031 and the 69 gr RMR... loaded like 650 rounds of it, then started getting popped primers in carbine gas guns. So annoyed because I spent a lot of time on the Chargemaster for 650 rounds. I'm SICK of popped primers. (and these were WOLF SRMs in case someone asks)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I had 41's popping about the time you started that other thread about it. Have cratered some 400's, but not really bad (compared to some bolt gunning). Last spring (or the one before?) I think it was Match Rifle I had shot a bunch of in 69smk with no probs, and then started smearing case heads 2.5gr down from listed max on 77 or 75's, can't remember. They had been very responsive to questions (printed data was limited at the time), but I noticed a change in published maxes since then....

27.2 of cfe with 62hpbt has been fine year round for me, but 27.0 might be more accurate in heat....

Anyway, shoot well, be safe....