Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a convo with my Boomer Dad about the country falling apart...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    Good to know we're in good hands. Don't worry Op. All the pesky boomers will be gone relatively soon and with your keen insight. I have no doubt you'll turn this country around.

Would you be able to share the plan with us? So we can Revel in your coming glory before we check out?
    Not real helpful.

So here's a plan.

I would say that although it's a great deal of my day and my job to keep up with what's happening, I would even if it wasn't. I want things to change and I'm always looking for ways to assist. The only real change happens with $$. Do everything you can to buy from people and companies that actually believe in traditional America and American values and encourage everyone you know to do the same and things will change.
    -If half the NFL fans stopped paying for games or subscriptions or merchandise, you don't think the NFL would drop all the woke slogan bullshit?
    -If EVERYONE that thinks the current administration and leftism sucks only bought Jeremy's razors you don't think Harry's and Gillette would relent and get out of the politics?
    -If everyone switched to Charity Mobile and dropped their main phone provider, even if these other companies used their network, you don't think Verizon would change?
    -How about MLB? They f#&ked a zillion small businesses in Georgia to move the all star game to a blue state over Georgia requiring the tiniest bit of voting security that the powers that be in baseball joined in to call "voter suppression (and Georgia has since had record turnout for voting by the way. Worst "suppression" I've ever seen). Take a year or two off, don't buy their merchandise and don't visit their websites.
    -If enough people would stop paying for entertainment that is mass produced by companies that want to tell you that they hate you, even Disney would have some major decisions to make.
    -How many die hard Conservatives buy gallons of Coke products every week? Just stop, trust me you won't miss it and damn sure Woka Cola would change. They might not ever champion standing for the flag or securing the borders, but they damn sure would stop waving the flag for the other side if their bottom line was truly impacted.
    -Stop paying to send your kids to colleges and universities that are teaching to hate everything you stand for. Why would anyone do this?? Just stop. 90% of college degrees are worthless anyway, why not look around and if you feel they have to go to college, give your money to an institution that doesn't hate you.
    -Don't go to the gas station that has CEOs that openly support what you hate and would fight to destroy. I was a die-hard BP fan until they waded into politics and, as small a gesture as it is, I only go to Sunoco right now as, as far as I know, they haven't made a big statement supporting the lgbtqai$%*! pro-choice, pro-sexualizing kids, drag show watching, pro climate hysteria crowd. I drive a little further out of my way, but I'm happy to do it.
    -I wouldn't buy anything with a Nike "swoosh" on it if the option was going to work in a wife-beater and flip flops.

How about taking a few minutes to call or write to your representatives when they are about to support something you hate. Does even 1/100th of us that are upset with all these actually radical decisions take the time to let our reps know that it's not okay what they're endorsing? If enough people get in their ear with something, they're much more likely to do it.

The left is great at this. When their "brain trust," Pelosi/Schumer/AOC/Clinton/Obama tell them to stop supporting an American company, they do it, millions of them and the company notices and makes the decision to support the lunacy being spouted. If even a quarter of those that would rather vote for a toaster than for a Democrat at this point would do the same, America would change so fast it would be startling.

But until everyone stops dumping on those of us that know enough to want ANYTHING other than a civil war and actually do want to affect a change and just not go along for the ride, which, spoiler alert, is how we got where we are, then nothing's going to change appreciably. Stop giving money to any entity that doesn't support what you believe in and although not 100%, it will have an effect.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 09-15-22 at 09:15.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Things are going to have to get worse, before they get better. The faster they get to that tipping point, the quicker we can pull the Band-Aid off. Trump has accelerated that and pulled the blinders off a lot of people. The best possible outcome would be the administration freaking out and doing something to overturn or prevent an election, that would be the sign that it's time to become more active. I don't think it will get there, as that would be the unraveling. We are still arguing over and voting for very small peanuts...scraps to keep us occupied while the string pullers behind the curtain on both sides continue to amass wealth and power. Nothing will ever really change, until those are addressed and removed.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hush; 09-15-22 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    To the op, Your dad has already cashed out. A lot of us are seriously wondering if there will be anything left on the table to cash out when our time comes. much less leave anything there for future generations.

I already pick and choose my windmills, because they're more like ground hogs and I have a limited supply of mental ammo to expend in their direction. But I'm still watching the town because it bears watching. Pretending it isn't there is not a plan.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Not real helpful.

So here's a plan.

I would say that although it's a great deal of my day and my job to keep up with what's happening, I would even if it wasn't. I want things to change and I'm always looking for ways to assist. The only real change happens with $$. Do everything you can to buy from people and companies that actually believe in traditional America and American values and encourage everyone you know to do the same and things will change.
    -If half the NFL fans stopped paying for games or subscriptions or merchandise, you don't think the NFL would drop all the woke slogan bullshit?
    -If EVERYONE that thinks the current administration and leftism sucks only bought Jeremy's razors you don't think Harry's and Gillette would relent and get out of the politics?
    -If everyone switched to Charity Mobile and dropped their main phone provider, even if these other companies used their network, you don't think Verizon would change?
    -How about MLB? They f#&ked a zillion small businesses in Georgia to move the all star game to a blue state over Georgia requiring the tiniest bit of voting security that the powers that be in baseball joined in to call "voter suppression (and Georgia has since had record turnout for voting by the way. Worst "suppression" I've ever seen). Take a year or two off, don't buy their merchandise and don't visit their websites.
    -If enough people would stop paying for entertainment that is mass produced by companies that want to tell you that they hate you, even Disney would have some major decisions to make.
    -How many die hard Conservatives buy gallons of Coke products every week? Just stop, trust me you won't miss it and damn sure Woka Cola would change. They might not ever champion standing for the flag or securing the borders, but they damn sure would stop waving the flag for the other side if their bottom line was truly impacted.
    -Stop paying to send your kids to colleges and universities that are teaching to hate everything you stand for. Why would anyone do this?? Just stop. 90% of college degrees are worthless anyway, why not look around and if you feel they have to go to college, give your money to an institution that doesn't hate you.
    -Don't go to the gas station that has CEOs that openly support what you hate and would fight to destroy. I was a die-hard BP fan until they waded into politics and, as small a gesture as it is, I only go to Sunoco right now as, as far as I know, they haven't made a big statement supporting the lgbtqai$%*! pro-choice, pro-sexualizing kids, drag show watching, pro climate hysteria crowd. I drive a little further out of my way, but I'm happy to do it.
    -I wouldn't buy anything with a Nike "swoosh" on it if the option was going to work in a wife-beater and flip flops.

How about taking a few minutes to call or write to your representatives when they are about to support something you hate. Does even 1/100th of us that are upset with all these actually radical decisions take the time to let our reps know that it's not okay what they're endorsing? If enough people get in their ear with something, they're much more likely to do it.

The left is great at this. When their "brain trust," Pelosi/Schumer/AOC/Clinton/Obama tell them to stop supporting an American company, they do it, millions of them and the company notices and makes the decision to support the lunacy being spouted. If even a quarter of those that would rather vote for a toaster than for a Democrat at this point would do the same, America would change so fast it would be startling.

But until everyone stops dumping on those of us that know enough to want ANYTHING other than a civil war and actually do want to affect a change and just not go along for the ride, which, spoiler alert, is how we got where we are, then nothing's going to change appreciably. Stop giving money to any entity that doesn't support what you believe in and although not 100%, it will have an effect.
    I thought he was just harping on his boomer dad. I didn't know he was asking for you plan.

You make some good points. Especially with how you spend your money.

Unfortunately, I feel the only hope left is a non CoC one. So I won't be able to add anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Not real helpful.

So here's a plan.

I gave up on "grass roots" several years ago.
    I would drive to the state capital and there would only be two dozen other people there to go against anti gun bills.

I go to "coffee hour" with my federal congress asshole, she tells me that less than 30 people in her district believe what I do.

There are just under 3/4 if a million people in this district. She wins with over 80 of the vote so its a waste of time trying to fix anything on both the state and federal level.

I visit sites like this one and see all the love for China and it makes me want to puke.

This is why I say eff it, you're not going to fix anything because there are too many people that are useless and basically working against you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I visit sites like this one and see all the love for China and it makes me want to puke.
    Are we reading the same forum?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Are we reading the same forum?
    I’m guessing he’s referencing Holosun product use and praise. I may be incorrect.

I’d never buy a holosun product. **** China!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Me personally, I’m fed the eff up with how things are.

I have a good perspective on this being the most comfortable and safe time in history to be alive, however to keep that going takes intention.

The trajectory were on isn’t good. People are asleep and under some weird spell it seems.

I do both- enjoy all that I can in life and don’t let things bring me down- and I look for the actionable and tangible things and ways that I can affect change for the better.

Ignoring things won’t work, trying to change it all yourself or getting too down about it won’t help.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    nevermind

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    I’m guessing he’s referencing Holosun product use and praise. I may be incorrect.

I’d never buy a holosun product. **** China!
    "
    This

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast