Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoeger STR-9 (Glock clone) for $200 delivered

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Can anyone clarify whether it uses Glock mags? I understand it comes with a different metal mag.
    Going by the foto and what I see between holding one of my Glock 17 magazines in hand and the look of the magazine pictured, I would say no. The magazines appear to be different.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    Even though I have not yet tested the STR-9, I went ahead and purchased a STR-9C. It's the compact version of the same pistol. It holds 13rds in the magazine and was $189 + tax delivered. It's a nice touch that they have the serial number on the frame, barrel and slide. The slide release isn't silver like it appears in the picture. It's black.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is the trigger like?

Feedback Score
    It feels like a typical Glock trigger, perhaps a little heavier.

I'll add that while the grip frame initially looked a little small for my big hands, it's actually the perfect size with the inclusion of the magazine base plate. The dots on the sights are also easy for my old eyes to pick up.

Feedback Score
    I put 45rds of Geco 124gr FMJ and 50rds of Remington 115gr FMJ nickel cased through my STR-9 today. Accuracy was good and the reliability was 100%. The grip felt great and the white dots on the sights were easy for my old eyes to see. The only oddity was that occasionally a cartridge would eject straight back instead of to the right. I definitely prefer the metal magazine to the plastic ones that Glocks use. I'm definitely pleased with this purchase.

Feedback Score
    For anyone who's interested, Botach has the STR-9's in stock again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good deal. My brother got the similar SAR9 for a similar deal with a $50 manufacturer rebate. That thing shoots great and has been 100% reliable. Great ergos stolen from the VP9 and the slide looks like a Glock slide. These guns might be cheap in price but they are solid guns...and this compliment comes from primarily an HK guy. I would have no problem carrying it.

Lots of reviews out there that show positive results. A person no longer has to spend the +@$600 for a reliable edc. Nothing wrong with doing so... but no longer a requirement.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-22-23 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    I added another Stoeger Glock clone variant to the collection. This one is the STR-9SC. It's smaller than the STR-9C. It was $211.00 delivered, but there's a $50 rebate. So, my ultimate price after the transfer is $186.00. I took it to my range today and put 50rds of Remington 115gr FMJ nickel cased and 21rds of S&B 115gr FMJ though it. The reliability was 100%. The magazine holds 10rds. Accuracy was good and I was actually able to get all of my fingers wrapped around it because of the magazine floor plate design. The slide was pretty difficult to rack. I suspect this is because of the design of the recoil spring assembly. Like the STR-9 and STR-9S, the quality of manufacture is top notch. In my opinion, this is every bit as good as a Glock, but with better magazines and without the manufacturer and aftermarket support.

Feedback Score
    Botach has the full size version in stock for $200 + shipping before the $50 rebate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12