Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Kitty Kat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My new Kitty Kat

In 2001 after moving to the #1 rated gun friendly state from one that wasn’t (and has gotten much worse over the last 21 years!) I went on a search to buy a Colt M16A1. My new LGS told me they were making a bid to the Alyeska Pipeline Corp. to by some of their surplus M16s that they purchased directly from Colt in the 70’s. Alyeska found out what ATF registered MGs were worth compared to the very small amount they had originally paid for them so they sold them all and got those darned AR15s.
    The LGS ended up with 10 guns and I had second pick. After my stamp came in I started to add ‘stuff’ as any AR type rifle is like LEGOs for adult gun owners. One variation that I really liked was DPMS’s 'Kitty Kat' entry weapon/PDW concept. Looking back now it seems it was at the time the 9mm MP5 and UZI SMGs were the go to for short OAL entry guns for military and police. Then the idea of a rifle VS pistol caliber ‘shorty’ became more and more appealing.
    The Kitty Kat had a 7” 5.56 upper on an M16 carbine lower. I had to have that upper! So I got one in 2003:

The m16 is long gone from my safe as is the upper… but now I have a Kitty Kat • 2022:

Semi auto Aero Precision M4E1 pistol lower with a 7” 5.56 upper. Very fun to shoot but VERY LOUD at indoor ranges. Muzzle device helps somewhat, but better shot out in the desert.
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 09-15-22 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea not for me, but glad you like it. Color choice is A+
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-15-22 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Cool pistol. Any plans for an optic?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I might just get another OPMOD SIG Romeo 7 for the pistol, I have really liked the one on my Colt SBR.
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 09-15-22 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    The hand-stop it has is...questionable. (it's in the middle, where most would put their hand)

Delete the stop is has and install a shorty stop at the end of the rail so you don't get bit...imho.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The hand-stop is a Viridian green laser HS-1 and the fore finger presses the trigger button on the muzzle end of the stop. I tried it farther forward on this SBR but works better for me is this location. YMMV

Feedback Score
    The ballistics of the 5.56 out of a barrel that short makes no sense but that’s a cool pistol nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Took the two of them out to the range yesterday afternoon to play around with different optics and ended the day with the Romeo 7 moved to the pistol and my M21 on the SBR. I tried 4 other optics on both before settling on these configs.

These two are the 'Fun Size' range toys, I have 6 other AR uppers going up to a 20" bbl. for other types of shooting. With a fixed Magpul stock and the long barreled FF upper the Colt is an excellent varmint rifle.

Feedback Score
    It may look cool but it is loud. Did I say loud because it is loud and folks might give you dirty looks.

Feedback Score
    I would be interested in hearing a 7-8" 556 with a dead air sandman s on it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast