Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you id this M-4 upper forge mark for me?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    C should also be upraised within the forging.
    Colt has used stamped C "forge" marks . . .

OP, your forge marks look just like one of my genuine Colt Anchor Harvey upper receivers (raised C), but mine is from circa 2009 . . .

Last edited by Molon; 09-17-22 at 12:47.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Colt has used stamped C forge marks . . .

OP, your forge marks look just like one of my genuine Colt Anchor Harvey upper receivers (raised C), but mine is from circa 2009 . . .

Thanks! I found 2 more like it. So, I took all 5 that I had, imported them into Photoshop and layered them all on top of each other. There were no deviations and 100% overlap. Even 2009 is ok as the MK12 Mod1 was still in use then. To Me, it has character. I have an old style Armalite upper with the AR+ forge that I'm going to use in my MK12 Mod 0 build, but that's another topic.... Thanks for the great pic!!!

One question..... Is it normal for the white T-marks to have paint that is not completely dry??? Almost like a gooey with an off-yellowish tinge on the surface and with white paint residue in the crease of the pic rail-lug interface???? It looks almost like someone re-painted the marks and tried to clean up the mess with some of the white smearing over the numbers??? The photo manager won't let me upload any more photos and won't let me delete the ones I have used so I can't show the T-marks. I'll have to learn how to work around the 2.00 MB max size.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Colt has used stamped C "forge" marks . . .

Not POST anodizing

Feedback Score
    Not POST anodizing
    I have a few with no 'C' at all.

Colt has never been known to be 'consistent' with how they mark things for the most part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by azpaleo View Post
    The photo manager won't let me upload any more photos and won't let me delete the ones I have used so I can't show the T-marks. I'll have to learn how to work around the 2.00 MB max size.
    imgur.com

screw the photo manager garbage here...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I have a few with no 'C' at all.

Colt has never been known to be 'consistent' with how they mark things for the most part.
    The stamping never was done by Colt though. I do not believe this upper to be legit, way too many red flags. OP how much did you pay for it?

Feedback Score
    The stamping never was done by Colt though. I do not believe this upper to be legit, way too many red flags. OP how much did you pay for it?
    Molon just provided you a picture of a Colt 'C' stamping and you still insist they have never done that?

Is this 'C' stamping also not a 'legit' Colt?:

How about this one with no 'C' marking at all?:

The C in Colt does not stand for 'consistent'...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Molon just provided you a picture of a Colt 'C' stamping and you still insist they have never done that?

Is this 'C' stamping also not a 'legit' Colt?:

How about this one with no 'C' marking at all?:

The C in Colt does not stand for 'consistent'...
    Compare the C stamping to the OP's picture. Not only is it shallow but it was done POST anodizing. All of the Colt stamped receivers are PRE anodizing and done by the forging company, Colt does NOT stamp the upper receivers thus the "Colt = non consistent" doesn't apply here anyways.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    C in the OP's photo is raised, not stamped, just like the 2nd photo in post #11 Compare both photos, marks are the same.
    Last edited by kirkland; 09-18-22 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    Compare the C stamping to the OP's picture. Not only is it shallow but ...
    This looks done by hand and at an angle.

Yup. That is possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast