Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this legal?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Is this legal?

So you buy a lower receiver from online and they ship it to your FFL.

You get it home and it has a defect so they give you a return label but ask you to include your DL copy.

Then they exchange it for a new receiver but mail the new receiver to your home address but it isn't the same serial number as the original one you sent back. (Shouldn't this also have to go through FFL?)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is this legal?

Yes it is legal. The transfer was already done and it was in your possession.

No different than shipping a pistol to be blued. Comes right back to you.

Let’s not invent new ways for the communists to infringe.

Feedback Score
    Yes. It counts as a “repair”. I have had that exact thing happen twice. Once by Glock with a defective G21SF frame replaced with a standard G21 frame and once by S&W with a defective J Frame. It’s probably not done all that often, but I have personally had it done for me twice by the above and obviously reputable manufacturers.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 09-16-22 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its hard to say without more information. Pop the receiver into a USPS priority mailer and send it to me so I can investigate.
    L.G. Brandon
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave SE
    Washington, DC 20003

Seriously, its legal. Manufacture cannot duplicate serial number on a new receiver. You can trust that big brother knows about the substitution.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-16-22 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DAMN

Thought I had a ghost gun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its hard to say without more information. Pop the receiver into a USPS priority mailer and send it to me so I can investigate.
    L.G. Brandon
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave SE
    Washington, DC 20003

Seriously, its legal. Manufacture cannot duplicate serial number on a new receiver. You can trust that big brother knows about the substitution.
    At least get the address right….
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I know a few people have had this same thing happen to them, it is legit. Sorry, you'll have to dig deeper for you ghost gun.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think it depends on the state laws. A state with registration *cough* (CA) *cough* would require going through FFL if the SN of the firearm changes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's legal, happened to a buddy of mine.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=HKGuns;3061185
    Let’s not invent new ways for the communists to infringe.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is the problem with most gun owners always asking "mother may I? " The whole arm brace nonsense began with a bunch of twits questioning the atf about them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast