Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this legal?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    So you buy a lower receiver from online and they ship it to your FFL.

You get it home and it has a defect
    Was this a PSA black friday door buster lower? (It could be a clue to the question in my sig line)
    Last edited by markm; 09-23-22 at 11:31.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We should all write letters to the ATF and ask. Then we can come back here, post our letters, and compare responses...

lol! Just kidding. Don't do that.

Yes, it's legal. They "repaired" your defective receiver by destroying it and sending you a new one. They did the proper documentation with the Feds on their end, so you're still on all the lists. Don't worry. Be happy.
    Last edited by kerplode; 09-23-22 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I bought a rather expensive rifle years back, close to 3 grand. Was supposed to be delivered to my dealer.

Came to my house. Someone in shipping made a mistake. I took it to my dealer and filled out paperwork on it because I didn't want anyone to get in trouble.

But I've often wondered, what if I hadn't?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I bought a rather expensive rifle years back, close to 3 grand. Was supposed to be delivered to my dealer.

Came to my house. Someone in shipping made a mistake. I took it to my dealer and filled out paperwork on it because I didn't want anyone to get in trouble.

Likely nothing, unless you or someone you sold it to down the line used it in a crime. In that case, the ATF-NTC would figure out that it shipped to you as the last link in the chain.

Actually, that'll still happen...Keep good records, I guess.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I imagine they would have discovered their mistake eventually, and you would likely have been contacted and either asked to rectify the error. Worst case, it would have been reported to or discovered by the ATF and you could have been charged with something along the lines of breaking the law that requires new firearm purchases to go through an FFL. You did the smart thing.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    All legal. Just had it happen with Zev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Nothing, I had one handed to me from fedex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12