Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cantilever light on a short 1913 rail clamp

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Cantilever light on a short 1913 rail clamp

Considering this Arisaka setup I worry about the leverage on the short section of rail if the head of the light were hit from the side, that it could bend or chip the rail. Any direct experience with this in rough use?

Last edited by Disciple; 09-18-22 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm not sure if you'd consider my use "rough" or not but I use those mounts on a few rifles that get banged around some going in and out of vehicles, in the woods, etc. If anything I'd think that the screws connecting the light to the mount and/or mount to the rail would shear before the rail was damaged.

Feedback Score
    I never had any problems with my Arisaka mount, but then I didn't throw it down the driveway either. As noted above, if anything, I would thank that the tiny screws that secure the light to the mount would shear or be ripped out of the light before damage to the rail occured.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have one and have beat the living crap out of it with no issues. Been testing this out for a replacement for older gear sector mounts for use in LE SWAT capacity. I’ve been very happy with this mount We tried the ADM “updated” version of the gear sector mount and decided it was not a good fit
    Last edited by quackhead; 09-18-22 at 18:09.

Feedback Score
    I have that setup on a predator gun, call all the time with it. Setup after setup, no issues. I trust it.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Considering this Arisaka setup I worry about the leverage on the short section of rail if the head of the light were hit from the side, that it could bend or chip the rail. Any direct experience with this in rough use?

I use that exact same mount and I have never had any issues. I am very hard on my rifles and they have no issues.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks all. I'll order with confidence.

Feedback Score
    Solid kit, I have multiples, no worries.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Does that mount leave enough room to install a DBAL or ATPIAL-C directly above the light?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Does that mount leave enough room to install a DBAL or ATPIAL-C directly above the light?
    I believe that is the intent, the website shows the mounting options viewed from the muzzle end. They also have a similar mount without the offset which keeps the light lower although not so tucked in. I just use mine left side on a KAC RAS with a clicky tailcap, clean and simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast