Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bose: Another brand goes woke, see ya!

Feedback Score

Bose: Another brand goes woke, see ya!

https://www.bose.com/en_us/pxp/quiet...arbuds-ii.html

I’ve been a huge fan of Bose gear for decades. I wouldn’t fly with out my corded Bose in ear buds, and I lived in my Bose Over ear cordless headphones for zoom meetings during COVID- awesome products- though I know there are better ones out there. (The guy that I sat next to coming back from China that used to work at Bose, but moved to Apple told me so.). For consumer stuff, it worked for me. Nothing has a headphone jack anymore, so I had to go wireless for iPad Pros and phones on planes. The Apple ear bud Pros I bought didn’t work very well, not good for calls, fell out of my ears, and had short battery life.

Excited about the new BOSE wireless headphones. Good reviews, so I go to their website:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/pxp/quiet...arbuds-ii.html

Uhm, I don’t see me. I don’t see me, or my kids, or any of my neighbors. WTF. Aside from the scrolling website that is a pain to navigate, notice the people used to sell the headphones? $300 headphones???

I’d rather give the next gen of Apple Pros than these woke dumbasses.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That kind of money would push me towards the SonyWF-1000XM4's. Like you mentioned...Bose is good, but their marketing is second to none. There are better.

If not...you can still use your favorite wired headphones.

https://a.co/d/aDNFDul

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m not clear on what BOSE did based on your post. I don’t doubt you but just don’t follow. What did Bose do?

I recently bought Carhart custom seat covers for my 2007 Forerunner. I love them, fit like a glove. Pricy but stout thick material like their jackets. Very nice, then I hear they went woke AF, from a friend. I forget the specific allegations but this is getting exhausting keeping up with the crazies.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uh, what? I just went to their website out of curiosity and I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    Uh, what? I just went to their website out of curiosity and I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    As did I, because I too love my Bose noise cancelling hphones. But didn’t see anything. Still might be WOKE I just didn’t see it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    He’s mad that there are no white middle aged men in the ads if I read it correctly.

Feedback Score
    Did you follow my link? Did you notice the extreme “SuperBowling” of the people in their website? They have taken inclusivity so far as to be excluding. Maybe Beats is beating their ass so hard that they have to go hard ‘urban’?

Maybe they expect historical Bose customers to keep buying Bose. Before Apple got into the market, I’ve been on flights where EVERYONE in 1st class was wearing Bose headphones, so middle aged professional people are a market for them.

As I mentioned, I went to buy them, but I started to wonder if they were right for me and my application.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    As did I, because I too love my Bose noise cancelling hphones. But didn’t see anything. Still might be WOKE I just didn’t see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    He’s mad that there are no white middle aged men in the ads if I read it correctly.
    The website photos are exclusively non-white people. Maybe that's their target market now.

I'm fine if a company uses all races / colors etc. in their ads. But when they use all other colors and conspicuously exclude white or European people of any kind, that is sending a message.

For whatever it's worth - not much - I didn't see any east Asians featured either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    The website photos are exclusively non-white people. Maybe that's their target market now.

I'm fine if a company uses all races / colors etc. in their ads. But when they use all other colors and conspicuously exclude white or European people of any kind, that is sending a message.

For whatever it's worth - not much - I didn't see any east Asians featured either.
    Exactly. They are sending a message with their marketing. Frankly, I didn't even notice it if it weren't for that annoying scroll feature, and I wanted to know more about the capability of handling calls and web meetings. Bose usually techs the crap out of their messaging. When I didn't see the content or the application I was looking for, that's when I realized that they aren't looking at those markets- which gave me pause as to if these are right beadphones for what I want. And scrolling back and forth a few times to see if I had missed it, you start to realize- hey something is off here...

Bose don't like my kind... I'll wait for the Sony version.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think this is the trajectory going forward for most brands.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast