Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why no 1-10x32(ish) Scope

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Not a good idea. You are going to make a 1-10x LPVO weigh as much a MPVO when they are already pushing 21oz + mount, no way Im putting that on top of duty/defense AR. And what do you gain? Alittle more light transmission and maybe more field of view on the top end? Not worth it.
    My question was basically "are there reasons other than weight?" People are willing to carry some heavy scopes, my PST II 1-6x24 for example.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm no physicist...

but too big of an objective lens will limit 1x.

Because the market complained so badly about the Mk8 being 1.1 and not a true 1x, I doubt any manufacture will ever make that mistake again.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Primary arms new one is 1-10x28 with 34 mm tube diameter

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...6-m10s-reticle

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post

If/when they make that a PLX…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had an opportunity to use a Leupold 1x6 power carbine optic. At 1X, objects appeared to be magnified. I suspect 1X is closer to 1.25 or 1.5 power. My friend told me the optic set him back $1,300.

I own a Bushnell 1-4 power Hog Scope, which gets used often. At 1X, it appears to magnify objects viewed through the scope. I suspect 1X is closer to 1.25 or 1.5 power.

Is there an affordable optic that appears to be 1X, not 1.25 or 1.5 power on the low end?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    Sig also has a 1-10x28 for about $500.
    Also Chineseium.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I had an opportunity to use a Leupold 1x6 power carbine optic. At 1X, objects appeared to be magnified. I suspect 1X is closer to 1.25 or 1.5 power. My friend told me the optic set him back $1,300.
    Oftentimes this is due to different / unadjusted diopter settings. All my 1X low end optics (NF, Leupold, Vortex) took some tweaking of the diopter to really look like 1x and with it improperly set, can easily look like x1.25-5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    If/when they make that a PLX…

The new PLx Compact 1-8 is a pretty awesome scope, and comes in at 17 oz. I'm impressed with mine. The 1x is the best I've ever looked through with the scope all but disappearing. Great eye box, the best field of view of any LPVO, perfectly neutral glass, and the reticle illumination is more than bright enough for anything except the brightest outdoor conditions. Overall, very much 2 thumbs up.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post

I own a Bushnell 1-4 power Hog Scope, which gets used often. At 1X, it appears to magnify objects viewed through the scope. I suspect 1X is closer to 1.25 or 1.5 power.

Is there an affordable optic that appears to be 1X, not 1.25 or 1.5 power on the low end?
    Try focusing the diopter. I have a Primary Arms Platinum 1-8 that is fantastic on 1x, but it looked slightly magnified at first, before i adjusted the diopter to my eye. Now it's perfect and seems to be a very true 1x

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The new PLx Compact 1-8 is a pretty awesome scope, and comes in at 17 oz. I'm impressed with mine. The 1x is the best I've ever looked through with the scope all but disappearing. Great eye box, the best field of view of any LPVO, perfectly neutral glass, and the reticle illumination is more than bright enough for anything except the brightest outdoor conditions. Overall, very much 2 thumbs up.
    I have one, waiting on a send. It’s now my favorite scope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast