Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "crappiest place I ever deployed to"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Re: vaccine, there's a lot on this. It's more than 'just' that

But yes, almost everything in Africa wants to kill you.
    disagree 100% EVERYTHING in Africa wants to kill you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Only thing I ever worry about are the two legged varmints. They are always the most dangerous.
    Tell me that after your first face to face encounter with a black mamba, or a hipo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Tell me that after your first face to face encounter with a black mamba, or a hipo.
    Statically speaking, what is most likley to kill you by a wide margin in Africa?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Statically speaking, what is most likley to kill you by a wide margin in Africa?
    hipo kills more people in terms of animals.

Malaria would be my guess.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Amoebic dysentery followed by bug-vectored disease, but I get your point. I was always more concerned about flora and fauna than people.

Feedback Score
    The people shooting at me could not hit a thing.

But the damn mosquito that gave me malaria, efffffffffffffffffffffffffed me up big time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My guess would be Dengue Fever in Africa.

Feedback Score
    Diarrhea

About 603,000 people died from diarrhea in 2012, accounting for 6.7% of total deaths. Diarrheal diseases are caused by bacteria, viruses, and parasites which lead to dehydration. Most of these diseases are as a result of drinking unsafe water and inadequate sanitation. Children under the age of five are worst affected and likely to die from diarrhea.
    Malaria

Malaria is transmitted by mosquitos, the insect vectors of the malarial parasite Plasmodium. It is one of the leading causes of death in Africa, with an estimated 554,000 deaths in 2012. Children under five years of age are highly susceptible to the disease with over 41% of children deaths attributed to malaria alone. Of all the global deaths from malaria, 92% of them were found in Africa. One of the reasons for the high malaria prevalence is because of the tropical climate which provides a good habitat for the breeding of mosquito. Additionally, preventive measures and systems are inadequate to deal with emerging malaria cases.

Feedback Score
    I would figure that the lack of proper potable water is their biggest survival concern for most of the continent of Africa. I know from neighbors and later on care givers, who were from Cameroon (caregivers I forgot where the neighbors came) They would bring up water issues more then anything else. Heck one of the caregivers went back real quick to help her mother, and all sorts of political/tribal/whatever violence flared up, and she treated that as if it were no big deal. The neighbors we had actually moved back to Africa because the son started following thug life culture, which is something they loath. The grandmother literally choose taking her grandson and the rest of the family back to Africa; so, that in her words would be raised to have proper respect in life. I cannot imagine choosing Africa over America because of cultural upsets. Caregivers did not like that thug life stuff either. Anyway, water was always treated by our caregivers as if it were as precious as gold.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Including two legged animals? I doubt it's even close by a very wide margin.

I'm talking about larger than germ/bacteria sized for sure.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast