Thread: AMP Mark II

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AMP Mark II

For various personal reasons, I decided to up my reloading game this year. I figured annealing was the place I needed to start. I didn't want to mess with torches or mechanical devices of any kind, so I landed on the AMP Mark II.

It weren't cheap, but as far as I could tell was the best available on the market today.

It has "Aztek" mode which analyzes a sample of the brass you are using and determines the perfect setting for that model of brass. Once it has analyzed your brass it give you a code to use for that particular piece of brass. There are slight differences I have noticed when analyzing even different years of LC brass.

It seems to work very well and is fast with very little hassle. The larger the case the longer the process, of course. But none on the larger cases I did took very long at all. So far I really like the unit and look forward to seeing how it improves my consistency and hence accuracy.

Below is a short video of the process with three different samples of brass. Changing brass is as simple as ensuring you have the correct shell holder and installing the appropriate pilot into the AMP unit and start rocking brass.

Last edited by HKGuns; 09-23-22 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Our buddy got this rig, but has yet to set it up. I was no fan of the induction approach til he explained the brass analysis feature.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AMP Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Our buddy got this rig, but has yet to set it up. I was no fan of the induction approach til he explained the brass analysis feature.
    Below are some examples of the brass I analyzed to get the proper setting.

It destroys the case during the process but the results appear very good.

I gotta admit it hurt a bit destroying the SOCOM and Grendel brass. I have 556 and 762 coming out of my ears.

Last edited by HKGuns; 09-23-22 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I gotta admit it hurt a bit destroying the SOCOM and Grendel brass.
    I believe it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I enjoy my AMP annealer! Its good kit.