Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a Glock - Help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Building a Glock - Help

Hello all,

I am going to build a G19 and I want to do right the first time. I have little experience with Glocks. Budget is flexible. Because I'm in CA I am starting with a gen 3 frame.

Purposes: GTW pistol, SD, and range. Not carrying.

Non-negotiable :

-Radian ramjet comp and barrel
    -Red dot ready. Acro, rmr or holosun

Everything else I'd appreciate suggestions, especially in terms of slides and triggers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MC_Oper8or; 09-23-22 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    I just got 2 Grey Ghost frames and love them.

Triggers I am a fan of Over watch Precision triggers and trigger bar. My Glock 34 and 35 have - connectors .

I would also say think about Leupold Delta micro for a red dot

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wish we had frame choices because I generally dislike the block grip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My Holosuns have been great, I have a 507K, a couple of 507Cs, and a 509-ACSS.

I've also used RMRs, they are fine too but they are now on piggyback duty on rifles.

I stayed away from Holosun for awhile, but sadly they are kicking the $hit out of US companies when it comes to pistol mounted RDS at the current moment.

Can't really help with a Glock build, I usually start with OEM G19/45s and just put extended OEM controls and Ameriglo sights. I do have one with an Agency comp, it's nice too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why 19 to 34? I’d just buy a whole 17 and send the slide out to be milled for the red dot you choose. I’m not into any of the aftermarket slides, it’s all Gucci visual designs and not anything functional. Well gen3 doesn’t have front serrations, but you can get them done with the optics cut.

I’m a polish any rough edges on the stock trigger guy. I’d be really careful to keep it duty reliable rather than go nuts finding “the best”.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are looking to use a Gen3 frame have you looked at ZEV product? I see you mentioned “Non-negotiable” items for your build but if you are willing to budge ZEV has “Large and XLarge” slides. The ZEV 19 Large slide is equal to a G17 slide and an XLarge slide is equal to a G34 slide. ZEV also has their regular size slide, the G19 Duty slide that is very nice.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a Zev Duty Gen 5 RMR cut slide and it's been great.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have the Zev G19 Large slide on a Gen 3 frame with a factory Gen 5 G17 barrel. I have less than 200 rounds through it, but so far so good. It did take a long time to get though, I ordered it in mid February and didn't receive it until late July.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll chime in again...

As far as triggers, I'd recommend the Timney Glock trigger(Not for GTW or HD use). I would also recommend the the Trijicon RMR 06 red dot. Here is my current range Glock set up. The slide is ZEV everything. I may change the light for a heavier one as funds become available.

Last edited by 5.56Geo; 09-27-22 at 22:26.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd recommend looking at the gen 3 slides offered by Brownells as they come with optic cuts for about the same price you'll pay for a regular G19.3 slide.
    Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance says to use an Apex Tactical extractor if you're building a slide from components and that makes a lot of sense. Check out his My Favorite Glock 19 video on YouTube for more great recommendations.

For the trigger, if it's going to be possibly a SD pistol, I'd recommend the Overwatch Precision triggers as Yoni did above or an Apex Tactical.

As mentioned above a lot of the Gucci internal components are over-priced and do not hold up to heavy use like the stock Glock components, proven aftermarket quality stuff like Apex or Overwatch (Overwatch Precision uses stock Glock trigger bars for a reason!).

Use a stock recoil spring assembly, striker, and trigger return spring for best reliability. Some people, myself included, like a reduced Wolff or ISMI firing pin block safety spring for a better trigger pull and feel. I'd also recommend. Using an Overwatch NP3 coated firing pin block safety plunger or the excellent Apex firing pin block safety plunger.

I'd recommend trying a Ghost connector as a lot people prefer the trigger pull with their connector. It may or may not suit your liking, but they're fairly inexpensive for trying out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast