Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: State of Shooting

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Don't worry, its just a cycle and eventually we all go through it. The next evolution won't have you quite as in lust, but the fever will return.

My dogs ask questions that I can't answer, so it seems fair that we ask them questions as well. At the end of the day, I know my little black GSD prefers the MP5 with can, because the lunatic dog tries to run and attack whatever I shot. Still, she enjoys me shooting more than most of the other GSD.

Now a gun GSD thread...

My dog would rub his nuts on your dog's face.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    5 yard Innagrass training with an illegal Colt OEM SBR, with M4 internals, and no optics is how you reach true operator zen status. Anybody who disagrees obviously hasn’t bothered to read the posts, and doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Now don’t go looking at my profile page, I’m already spoken for.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...m_source=share

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Don't worry, its just a cycle and eventually we all go through it. The next evolution won't have you quite as in lust, but the fever will return.

My dogs ask questions that I can't answer, so it seems fair that we ask them questions as well. At the end of the day, I know my little black GSD prefers the MP5 with can, because the lunatic dog tries to run and attack whatever I shot. Still, she enjoys me shooting more than most of the other GSD.

Now a gun GSD thread...

Beautiful animal. The longer I live, the more I prefer dogs to people.

Looks good!
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 09-30-22 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    There’s a Zen to iron sights. I don’t think you have to be irons only but there’s a Zen that brings some peace and a good understanding of the fundamentals
    Confucius say: "Shoot with iron sights, bring peace to soul."

More tactical zen:

Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-30-22 at 18:09.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    My dog would rub his nuts on your dog's face.
    "Weird flex, but OK."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    More tactical zen:

“Reloads are done in the workspace.”
    -Dalai Lama

F70BFA6F-6B68-455A-9FBC-2D63874CD812.jpeg
    Last edited by 1168; 09-30-22 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    “I do not use a red dot to aim. I use a red dot to aim more”
    — the 13th Dalai Lama

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

State of Shooting

I’m relatively content with my state of shooting. Last year I was able to secure a membership to fantastic sportsman’s club. Among the benefits are eight 25 yard by 25 yard individual bays that allow shooters the ability to shoot and move anywhere in the area. I’m into a fairly regular training route, at least every other week I get time on pistol and carbine.

For pistol I’ve been focused on working with RDS on my carry guns, a G43X MOS with 507K and a G19 Gen MOS with RMR, though I do sneak in my G19X from time to time. My near and intermediate vision are deteriorating to where I have issues with front sight focus and I find the RDS to be extremely beneficial. Carbine wise I’ve been working mostly with my 11.5 BCM CQB with H2 and 14.5 BCM Recce with 1-10 Razor III, both focused on improving my speed at 25 yards and in. I’ve got a set training plan for each trip and track my drill scores and times just to compete with my self.

Two guns that I shoot a lot for fun are my home built 603 clone and my SP5. The old school pencil barrel AR is so smooth, it’s just a pleasure to shoot. The SP5 is far and away my favorite. It tickles me in all of the right places. I’ve shot the HK in PCC at some local USPSA as well. Awesome stuff.

I have slacked off on my longer range shooting though. I have only done a bit with my Recce. Looking at my training log, I haven’t been out with my LMT-MWS in over a year. Definitely need to put in some work on that end.

I mostly shoot solo. My wife joins me every other month or so to practice with her G43X. Finally got my 15 year old daughter to the range this year too. She digs it and is a fan of shooting the Glocks more than ebay thing else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I’ve shot more this past year then the previous three combined. Finally got off the waiting list and became a member of a private club in my area. Few 25 / 50 yard bays, couple 100 yards, and a 200 yard. Been able to put the ammo I’ve stocked up over the past number of years to use. I’ve primarily been shooting my 14.5 BCM and Son of Liberty patrol rifle, as well as my favorite G17. The outside world might be on fire, but I’ve been getting plenty of trigger time and have been content with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

State of Shooting

Mine has been minimal. I have plenty of ammo, just not enough time. I kinda get mixed feelings when I do manage to get to the range. I clearly see I’m not as good as I was/can be, but I still feel pretty solid considering how much time it’s been between range sessions. I wish I didn’t let that thought in my head because it only makes me not prioritize training more.

I did however just get a chance to be a roll player for the PD at the municipality I work for. Only a few of the scenarios had me actually firing at the officers. I’m definitely looking forward to doing more of it. I can’t turn down force on force training with sim guns while getting paid overtime!
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 10-02-22 at 13:56.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast