Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Shooting

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Great thread Firefly!

I have been head down with my SR25 for over a year. I fell so in love with that gun I haven't really touched anything else except my EDC to stay somewhat in shape with that. I really didnt think I would keep the SR but it has turned into one of the guns I dont think I will ever part with. That gun has taught me how to shoot all over again.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    57yo a couple weeks ago. Have a 100yd home range. Don't shoot NEARLY as much as I can/should. Laziness as I get older is the issue. Mea culpa. Gotta fix that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Latest kick for me is subsonic 22lr at 100yds suppressed in a bolt gun. No recoil, no noise, no muffs, no running around. Just click, ding or click watch the holes in paper.
    I'm really close to selling a bunch of AR's to get into suppressed precision .22's. I like launching projectiles, but I don't enjoy the noise and the cost anymore these days. Probably going to pick up a high powered air rifle and see what they're about as well.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Probably going to pick up a high powered air rifle and see what they're about as well.
    Please share your experience if you do. Living not quite rural, I’m going to look at this as an option for my kids as they get older.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Great thread Firefly!

I have been head down with my SR25 for over a year. I fell so in love with that gun I haven't really touched anything else except my EDC to stay somewhat in shape with that. I really didnt think I would keep the SR but it has turned into one of the guns I dont think I will ever part with. That gun has taught me how to shoot all over again.
    I really love mine. ItÂ’s almost the perfect rifle. It does it all. Especially now that I have large game to hunt with and longer range to take it out to.
    I’ve been through a bunch of expensive guns in my life but the SR25 really is the only one that felt “worth it”.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm really close to selling a bunch of AR's to get into suppressed precision .22's. I like launching projectiles, but I don't enjoy the noise and the cost anymore these days. Probably going to pick up a high powered air rifle and see what they're about as well.
    Do it. Purging the AR pile and focusing on what really matters does wonders. Honestly my plan when I get situated is to just have two Colts and two HKs and then focus only on real guns. (Vietnam War builds excluded of course)

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    57yo a couple weeks ago. Have a 100yd home range. Don't shoot NEARLY as much as I can/should. Laziness as I get older is the issue. Mea culpa. Gotta fix that.
    Happy birthday. Get a good 22. Forget all the tactical practical. A 22-250 bolt action is chicken soup for the soul. These are your fun years.

Feedback Score
    I focused on what I can high volume shoot. 22lr. wore out one Glock 44, one my second. also set up a plinker exactly like my duty rifle. So I shoot those most. When I am bored and just wanna have fun and not be serious, I have a henry lever and colt SAA in 22lr.
    Last edited by robbins290; 09-28-22 at 09:30. Reason: Grammer

Feedback Score
    Not a bad idea. I sold off a few guns i never used and picked up a Tippman Arms m4-22, a Taurus TX22, and Tikka TX1. Waiting on 2 suppressors i ordered, but have been shooting these a ton as it is way cheaper

I still get my training in with primary handgun/rifle, but shooting 22 brought back some fun and i can do it way more often

Feedback Score
    Picked up a WC EDCX9 earlier this year and it has become my primary pistol so that’s what I’ve been shooting the most. Keep proficient with my AR15s too. Other than that I’ve been working on longer range shooting with my Sharps with black powder 45-70 loads. New stuff is cool, but I have a lot more satisfying hitting targets at distance with iron signs, black powder and bullets that I cast. Makes for a fun slower paced range day.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's incredible the level to which you can optimize an AR-15. Rails, barrel, trigger, optics, sling, buttstock, lights, pistol grip...the list goes on.

That said, a basic 6920-type rifle is a damn fine weapon and will not hold you back except for the most specialized of tasks.

Quit chasing the dragon and run what you brung.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast