Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Mobile Phones

My phone is dying, it won't charge. I plan to swap the battery (warrantied) but I think its the end.
    Its only 7 years old, so I am disappointed with Samsung. Are there better phones with an SD slot and maybe not completely made in Chyna?

Andy

P.S. Dont say iPhone, I seriously doubt there is a 7 year old iPhone operating on a US network.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-24-22 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    They stopped calling those things mobile for 20 years. They are cell phones. ��

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    They stopped calling those things mobile for 20 years. They are cell phones. ��
    Only in the US, I am sofistkated.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-24-22 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My phone is dying, it won't charge. I plan to swap the battery (warrantied) but I think its the end.
    Its only 7 years old, so I am disappointed with Samsung. Are there better phones with an SD slot and maybe not completely made in Chyna?

Andy

P.S. Dont say iPhone, I seriously doubt there is a 7 year old iPhone operating on a US network.
    lol! "Only" 7 years old.

So Samsung has factories in Korea and Vietnam, so you should probably stick with them. You're gonna still get plenty of stuff from China in them, though. And don't be mad that your cell phone "only" lasted 7 years...It was designed to last 4.

Re Iphones, I just recently replaced a first generation SE from 2016. I dropped it and broke it and it wasn't worth repairing since it wasn't eligible for iOS 15. Anyway, had it not fallen, it could have easily gone a couple more years. I'm fairly sure some boomer somewhere is still happily using an iPhone 5 to look at pictures of little Suzie and to field car warranty calls and social security scams.
    Last edited by kerplode; 09-24-22 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I accept that a majority of any commercial phone is sourced from China.

I did not realize that the older iPhones still work, the hip kids at work told me that Apple pushes updates that slow the phones to the point of unusability. Of course they also shake their heads when I pull out my phone, so they probably aren't as smart as they think they are.

No question in my mind that iPhones are well engineered and well built from quality materials. Personal choice not to buy one.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, iPhones are made in China by people that work in factories with suicide nets surrounding the building, while Samsung phones are built in South Korea and Vietnam. Choose wisely.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    FWIW, iPhones are made in China by people that work in factories with suicide nets surrounding the building, while Samsung phones are built in South Korea and Vietnam. Choose wisely.
    Less communists the better. We get a good phone, they get less people. Win win.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy

I left the Iphone cult after having nothing but since they came out, and been happy with One Plus . They rate very well compared to others, and less $. I'm a Mac guy since they started, never owned anything but Apples in comps and phones, but could not justify 1k+ for a damn phone. Research brought me to the One Plus, and I have had 3 to date. It was a PITA to learn a new OS, but after that, no complaints: https://www.oneplus.com/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Question Will, or anybody else who has done this, how hard is it to move or get all the multimedia owned (mp3s, ebooks, etc) over and working on android os? I am thinking of getting out of the iOS walled garden.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    Question Will, or anybody else who has done this, how hard is it to move or get all the multimedia owned (mp3s, ebooks, etc) over and working on android os? I am thinking of getting out of the iOS walled garden.
    I didn't have a lot of drama over it as I recall and it's much easier than it used be. Best to is upload back ups some where to make sure it's not lost while mucking around.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast