Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones

Feedback Score
    7 years is pretty ancient for a phone these days so i would say you did good

If you want a decent phone that works and wont break the bank look at the Motorola line, the Moto G in particular. I have recommended to several family/friends and all good feedback. You can get some of the models new for $200 or less, so no making payments to your carrier, or if you are on prepaid you can just buy outright and put it on your line.

This one is worth a look

https://www.motorola.com/us/smartpho...-3/p?skuId=678

If you want to spend more the newer Samsung S22+ is really nice. Carriers sometimes offer these for really good deals

Feedback Score
    iPhones might slow down due to the updates, but at least you'd be getting updates. One of Android's primary weaknesses is the variability in the support on OS updates across different phones and brands (I say this as a die-hard Android user).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Stop buying chinese phones.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Side note: anyone have any recommendations of a non-smart phone. Something that I can make calls and send/receive text messages. Nothing else, just that. I have an iPad for everything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    What's a Chinese phone?

Everyone wants to trot out buying phones made outside of the PRC. Except... how much are you really doing? Where are the sensors, PCBs, LEDs, batteries, etc. being made? Just because assembly is happening outside the PRC doesn't mean that you're magically not supporting the Chinese economy. Globalization has been a thing for the last two decades. Get over yourselves.

No doubt, the PRC is the enemy, but bringing out these same tired lines over and over again is nothing but you jerking off to your own virtue signaling. If you buy an iPhone 14, sure, you're supporting the PRC economy in some way, but you're also supporting the ROC economy (Foxconn), the USA economy (Apple), and the Irish economy (Apple using Ireland as a tax haven). Is that better or worse than buying a Samsung that's ostensibly made in Vietnam with PRC and ROK parts, and thus provides support to two Communist states while providing much less benefit to the USA? The supply chain is complicated, so please, just stop with these one-liners that change no one's minds to begin with.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-28-22 at 10:37.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lol. OK boomer.

Guess where the MAJORITY of electronics components are made. It's not Korea and it's not Taiwan...

Now guess how much Chinese shit ends up inside a Samsung device assembled in Korea. I'll give you a hint...A ****ing lot.

And what magical made in America device do you happen to be using to post your fantastic take on globalization to our primarily-runs-on-Chinese-made-electronics internet? We'd all like to know...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stop buying google phones.

Google has far greater ability to destroy us from within than China does from the outside.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You probably want to look at the Samsung Galaxy A phones (not S) - best bang for your buck.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    So is it ok to buy Holosun now?
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    7 years is pretty ancient for a phone these days so i would say you did good

If you want a decent phone that works and wont break the bank look at the Motorola line, the Moto G in particular. I have recommended to several family/friends and all good feedback. You can get some of the models new for $200 or less, so no making payments to your carrier, or if you are on prepaid you can just buy outright and put it on your line.

This one is worth a look

https://www.motorola.com/us/smartpho...-3/p?skuId=678

If you want to spend more the newer Samsung S22+ is really nice. Carriers sometimes offer these for really good deals
    We have two Motorola G7 Power, bought them on sale for $200. Love them.

No way I'm going to pay $1000 on the rotten apple or $1200 for the Samsung fold up phone. We don't have to have the latest shiny gizmo.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast