Thread: Midwest Industries Bolt Carrier Group

Feedback Score

Midwest Industries Bolt Carrier Group

Does anyone have any experiences with MI's bcg's? The only thread I could find on the forum was from around 2013. Last winter at a gun show I picked up a new, still in it's blister pack, MI bcg. I believe it's an earlier bcg, as it has a C158 bolt rather than the 9310 shown currently. Specs are the same as the current ones except for the bolt. The staking on the key looks great. The only product I have from MI is the upper receiver rod, but I know they have good reviews on their other products, just can't seem to find any reviews anywhere online.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcatdriver View Post
    Does anyone have any experiences with MI's bcg's? The only thread I could find on the forum was from around 2013. Last winter at a gun show I picked up a new, still in it's blister pack, MI bcg. I believe it's an earlier bcg, as it has a C158 bolt rather than the 9310 shown currently. Specs are the same as the current ones except for the bolt. The staking on the key looks great. The only product I have from MI is the upper receiver rod, but I know they have good reviews on their other products, just can't seem to find any reviews anywhere online.
    I have two, good to go as far as I can tell. No issues, nice nitride finish.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Believe I have 4-5. No problems. 5-6 years old with plenty of usage from two of them.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I picked it up because I got it pretty cheap at the show, and it was Midwest Industries. All my other builds have used parkerized bcg's, so this is the 1st nitride one I've had. Guess it's time to assemble a new build around it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have two in my rotation, and they seem to work fine. No issues from personal experience, and I've never heard of any trouble with them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB