Thread: Full Power vs Commercially available lasers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Full Power vs Commercially available lasers

Regarding Full Power vs Civ / commercially available lasers, theres a lot of weird mis information, general vague data, and lots of questions left un-answered. Looking to get some clarification. First off, I fully understand a full power laser is mostly grey market, therefore if it breaks, you're probably SOL if you try and send it in to the manufacturer to get it repaired. My question is mainly in regards to functionality. My experience is mostly with full power lasers, issued to me by the military. PEQ-15's and LA-5's. For a personally owned rifle, primarily designated for HD/GO-Bag, SHTF, whatever you want to call it, how do the civilian lasers stack up. I know nothing is going to come close to an LA-5 on high power as its the NVG version of the ****ing sun, but I'd like a functional unit that can illuminate well in urban and rural environments. I also don't wanna spend 2k+ on an IR unit that if it shits the bed my moneys down the drain. Who here has used the various civ lasers, and can provide real feedback regarding options. I'm looking at the dbal a3, 9007, and atpial-c. DBAL D2 won't work as the size of it prevents integrating into my current rifle. A MAWL would be nice, but It would take me an astronomically long time to fund one. TIA
    Last edited by danieljmaunder; 09-24-22 at 15:21.