Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Century Arms MKE AP5-P....buy it or you will regret it later.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have a K and my buddy has a AP5. Both have been excellent. They are so close to a real HK I think I would go with the Turk gun. And the price is crazy nice.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I have a K and my buddy has a AP5. Both have been excellent. They are so close to a real HK I think I would go with the Turk gun. And the price is crazy nice.
    I also have a Turk K and others. So cheap.

Feedback Score
    I've found myself considering a 2nd AP5P.

The AP5P is better at being a pistol than the AP5. AP5 is better suited to being a "carbine" / SBR.

My -P choked every so often on JHP's but it was still in the break-in period. I got some HK mags and tried again with no malfunctions using Fiocchi 147 gr JHP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My AP5 has only had problems with ETS mags.

Runs flawlessly with the MKE mags. Brass or steel. JHP or Ball.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    refreshing to see so many with open minds towards Century , i own/owned several rifles of theirs for decades and never had a issue with any of them , i even bought a VSKA , hated the Poly furniture so i fitted a Yugo stock set to it and it changed the rifles feel to pure pleasure and havnt had a single issue with maybe 2500 rds through it , have a old AMD 65 and a early M70AB2 i bought new and they are well worn and extremely reliable , had a Mas 49/56 Century conversion to 7.62 Nato that was flawless ,only sold it to pay my wallet back for a Poly Legend i purchased

most people that dump on them have no first hand experience and simply parrot what they hear other parrots say , but i do agree , their RAS 47 didnt do them any favors ,and allot of reports of poor customer service but i have no first hand experience with the customer service or the RAS 47

Feedback Score
    I fought the urge off for so long due to the price. But $1100 for an AP5-P was just to good. Should have it Friday. Now to convince the wife that I have had this one for ever too.

Now I will only regret not getting two
    Last edited by gsd2053; 02-21-23 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    Well after receiving my AP5-P. I was so impressed with the quality. I decided I better order a AP5 to avoid future regret and disappointment. I hope my AP5 is as nice as my AP5-P.

Feedback Score
    Tell your wife they were on sale and let her know how much money you saved versus buying an H&K.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got the MAgpul grip module for the MKE. Waiting on a form 1 currently.

So the question is, collapsible or side folder stock? Specifically the Magpul and the AC Unity.

20230303_202614 by chase, on Flickr
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Got the MAgpul grip module for the MKE. Waiting on a form 1 currently.

So the question is, collapsible or side folder stock? Specifically the Magpul and the AC Unity.

20230303_202614 by chase, on Flickr
    An A3 would be cool looking and more compact. However I prefer a more comfortable folder. The AC-UNITY would be awesome if it didn't have movement in it. However reports are it has a bit. It is unclear to me if it's in the mounting or the lock-up. I have been told the B&T folder is very solid.

I would pay an additional $100 for a B&T if it is more sturdy. B&T is known for quality.

ETA. If magpul & ac-unity are all you will go with. I haven't seen any of them first hand. So?

I made the decision on my previous research. So I can tell you what the B&T is like in a few days. If you have any interest?
    Last edited by gsd2053; 03-13-23 at 10:04.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast